Can I change my incorrect banking details in Shopify?

LashBoss
5 0 0

hi ive recently opened my online store dreamlash.com . i put the wrong banking information. i have the right info Now, but i cant remember the old routing i entered. its not letting me update without my old banking info. please help, i have a few orders and no access to that money

Reply 1 (1)

Ryder
Shopify Staff (Retired)
450 56 90

Hey, @LashBoss!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting! Are you using Shopify Payments or a third-party payment provider? We can assist you with any Shopify Payments-related inquiries; however, if you're using a third-party payment gateway you'll need to reach out to them for support. This can be done in your Admin by going to Settings > Payment providers > Gateway > Manage > Get Support.

If it is Shopify Payments that you're looking to update your banking details for, here are a few places you may be able to confirm your old information:

• Void cheque: a blank cheque from your bank that contains account numbers
  • Online banking: account details are typically available online
  • Direct deposit form or Bank statement: depending on the financial institution, this may be available for download
  • Contact your bank: your bank may be able to clarify current or old account details for you

If you're able to locate your previous banking information through one of the aforementioned means, the formatting must match the initial entry. This includes any spaces or dashes used. If your entry doesn't match, we'll need you to please contact our Support Team. After authenticating you on the account, we can confirm whether your payouts are enabled and get in touch with our Account Integrity team if necessary to place a hold on your payouts to ensure they aren't deposited into the wrong account. We can then escalate your inquiry accordingly to ensure the security of your bank account details and payouts.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if there's anything I can clarify.

Cheers.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.