Solved

Why are my Shopify payments on hold before launching?

kndythelabel
Visitor
3 0 0

Your payouts from Shopify Payments are on hold message came up on my home page - I haven't made any sales yet because I'm only starting off but all my bank details are correct and I'm due to launch tomorrow - please help!! I haven't received any emails from Shopify to help with this and I can't find anyone to contact about the issue! I'm not dropshipping or doing anything wrong, almost all of my products are hand made by me. If this is useful it also says my store address needs to be verified but it doesn't refer me to anywhere to verify it. Please help me with this

Accepted Solution (1)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 977

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @kndythelabel

Account reviews are standard practice for all new businesses that use Shopify Payments. Whether you have sales or no sales, our teams will request information to verify you and your business to reduce fraudulent activity on the platform. While a hold impedes your ability to be paid, it shouldn't stop you from accepting new orders (unless otherwise stated on the banner in your admin). 

• If you have been provided with the option to upload documents, then you will want to do so as soon as you're able. Making sure you provide all the requested documents, ensuring they are clear, and showing the full document (no edges or corners cut off). Documents will be reviewed within 1-3 business days. 
  • If no document upload option appears, then your banner likely states to contact support. In that case, you will need to reach out to our Support teams so they can escalate your Account. 

It looks like we’ll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 977

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @kndythelabel

Account reviews are standard practice for all new businesses that use Shopify Payments. Whether you have sales or no sales, our teams will request information to verify you and your business to reduce fraudulent activity on the platform. While a hold impedes your ability to be paid, it shouldn't stop you from accepting new orders (unless otherwise stated on the banner in your admin). 

• If you have been provided with the option to upload documents, then you will want to do so as soon as you're able. Making sure you provide all the requested documents, ensuring they are clear, and showing the full document (no edges or corners cut off). Documents will be reviewed within 1-3 business days. 
  • If no document upload option appears, then your banner likely states to contact support. In that case, you will need to reach out to our Support teams so they can escalate your Account. 

It looks like we’ll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog