Solved

Paypal button is not visible on product page

vkstor
Tourist
6 0 0

Hey everyone, 

I have activated "PayPal Express Checkout" button on my shopify store, but the button won't always show up on my product/checkout page (Paypal is my only payment option) here is the link to my store, please let me know if the button shows up in your browser

As the customer proceeds to enter the address and clicks "Continue to payment" it shows an error "Payment gateway is invalid".

Screenshot (94).png

But when I change the country to 'Brazil' the button starts showing up, but even if the button is visible the customer can't complete the transaction (Credit/debit card) it shows an error "We are sorry, things dont appear well"

(This is a new store and no real customer has tried to checkout, I am using my debit card to test if the payment gateway works

This store is from India)

Accepted Solution (1)
Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 196 467

This is an accepted solution.

Thank you so much for getting back to me! I was speaking with a colleague and you will need to contact PayPal support directly to set up this guest log in feature on your PayPal account. This log in feature will not be available to every country. You will need to speak with PayPal directly to determine whether or not this will be possible for your account and to find out if it is possible to have test payments. You can contact them here

All the Best,

Bo 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 196 467

Hey there, @vkstor 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

That is a really interesting issue. Taking a look at your store, I am not having any issues checking out:

24-56-w9b4o-uyemc24-49-uau75-1x0la

Are you only seeing this when you are browsing from India? Looking forward to hearing from you! 

Bo 

vkstor
Tourist
6 0 0

Hi @Bo ,

Thank you for the reply

I am glad to hear that you are not having any issues while checking out, but looking at your screenshot it seems like you are checking out using your PayPal account,

I was having issues when I was trying to guest check out (credit/debit card),

Is there a way to test it without having to actually make a transaction (similar to bogus payment gateway in Shopify)?

Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 196 467

This is an accepted solution.

Thank you so much for getting back to me! I was speaking with a colleague and you will need to contact PayPal support directly to set up this guest log in feature on your PayPal account. This log in feature will not be available to every country. You will need to speak with PayPal directly to determine whether or not this will be possible for your account and to find out if it is possible to have test payments. You can contact them here

All the Best,

Bo 

vkstor
Tourist
6 0 0

Hey @Bo ,

Thanks for the reply, I will definitely contact PayPal.

Thanks for your assistance.