Solved

Paypal checkout express

andgarcia1090
Tourist
3 1 1

Hii

i have read and read so many posts about issues with PayPal express checkout. Here’s my story. I had set up paypal express with a different email not knowing it had to be the one tied to the Shopify account. Once clarified I opened up a paypal business with the matching Shopify email and then tied that paypal to Shopify now my funds are not in paypal. It’s been a few hours of me activating, deactivating I’m so frustrated there is $0 in PayPal and needing the funds before shipping. HELP!

Accepted Solutions (3)

Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 107

This is an accepted solution.

Hello @andgarcia1090!

This is Lana from Shopify. I understand that this is a frustrating situation so I wanted to see how I can help you out.

I can see that you were unable to locate the funds, so I wanted to clarify with you how much (in $) are you expecting, over how many orders, and when were they paid for by the customers? This is just to know exactly what you're looking for, but also in terms of the time - PayPal payments can take about 24-72 hours to process, which could be why you still haven't received them. 

Also, you might have done this yourself already, but have you tried contacting PayPal? If not, I have a link to their customer service here. I would recommend that you ask them to look into both of the PayPal accounts that you connected to Shopify just to see if those payments are pending or if there are any issues. It would be important to see what they say here - please do feel free to come back to this post and let me know what their findings were if they are unable to help and I will see what else we can try here.

Let me know if you have any other questions at all. 

Thanks! -Lana

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify
-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

andgarcia1090
Tourist
3 1 1

Hi
Yes I contacted PayPal they cannot find the amount in both accounts it’s
not a huge order but still my first order through PayPal and definetly not
a fan right now it’s about $10 or so.

Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 107

I see - thank you for checking this out with them. We might need to take a look into it on our end as well, would you be able to contact our live support here? This is because we are not currently able to look into your account details from the Shopify Community, but through live support we will be able to investigate this further for you.

Replies 5 (5)

Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 107

Hello @andgarcia1090!

This is Lana from Shopify. I understand that this is a frustrating situation so I wanted to see how I can help you out.

I can see that you were unable to locate the funds, so I wanted to clarify with you how much (in $) are you expecting, over how many orders, and when were they paid for by the customers? This is just to know exactly what you're looking for, but also in terms of the time - PayPal payments can take about 24-72 hours to process, which could be why you still haven't received them. 

Also, you might have done this yourself already, but have you tried contacting PayPal? If not, I have a link to their customer service here. I would recommend that you ask them to look into both of the PayPal accounts that you connected to Shopify just to see if those payments are pending or if there are any issues. It would be important to see what they say here - please do feel free to come back to this post and let me know what their findings were if they are unable to help and I will see what else we can try here.

Let me know if you have any other questions at all. 

Thanks! -Lana

andgarcia1090
Tourist
3 1 1

Hi
Yes I contacted PayPal they cannot find the amount in both accounts it’s
not a huge order but still my first order through PayPal and definetly not
a fan right now it’s about $10 or so.
Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 107

I see - thank you for checking this out with them. We might need to take a look into it on our end as well, would you be able to contact our live support here? This is because we are not currently able to look into your account details from the Shopify Community, but through live support we will be able to investigate this further for you.

rngr1294
Visitor
1 0 0

Good afternoon,

Payment is pending

PayPal Express Checkout is still processing this order's payment. To make sure you get paid, wait for the payment to be successful before fulfilling this order.

I've seen several post ref above and making sure email accounts match. Are we talking about the email to log into Shopify must match PayPal? Because that email is different. But under payment under settings it has the correct email that is tied to PayPal. Product was bought on July 17 and it's still pending. Can someone help.
Thanks

Highgate-Co
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello, 

I have received my first order and the payment is showing as pending. I have a similar issue where I set up the shopify account with an email which is no longer active. I have set up the Paypal account with the correct email address, also deactivated and activated it again.  Still no money. Could there be another verification step or something that is going to the old email address?