Why is my PayPal payment not received after product delivery?

Eb1231
Visitor
1 0 0

My customer paid through PayPal and the product delivered to my customer and I still haven’t received a PayPal payment. Help?!

Reply 1 (1)

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 286

Hey, @Eb1231! Congratulations on your order, but that certainly does sound frustrating that you haven’t received the funds into your Paypal account yet. 

More often than not, you will need to contact Paypal directly for issues, since they are a third party gateway and the processing of the payment happens entirely on their platform. However, there are a few ways to identify what the hold up may be, and if you do in fact need to contact them to resolve it. 

The first is to take note of if there are any notices on the order in your admin, like the ones seen in the examples below. Do you see any notifications like these?

21-04-mv1oc-p5pph

21-04-e5quk-35qm5

If there aren’t any notifications that explain what’s happening, then the second place to look is to view the payment event on the order timeline. Clicking on the payment event, and then Information from the gateway will tell you if the payment was successful, if it failed or is still pending. You'll also find info like error codes and the transaction ID number there, which will be helpful to share with Paypal if you do need to contact them to track down where your payment is.

Let me know how it goes, or if you need any further clarification and guidance with the information you find. I’m here to help make sure you get paid!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.