PayPal Express Checkout transactions declined

mirandabee
5 0 0

Hi there,

I connected my existing PayPal account to my site and customers who try to pay via PayPal are getting a “Sorry we can’t complete your purchase at this time. To comply with government regulations, this transaction has been declined.”… I’ve reached out to PayPal (and am awaiting a response), but wondered if anyone here could shed any light on this issue?

Thanks!

Replies 11 (11)

Hairandhats
Visitor
1 0 0

Same issue so I am following this. Please let me know if you figure it out I've been on hold with PayPal for 4 hours 

westofkerchief
Visitor
1 0 0

Did you have any luck getting this issue resolved? I'm stuck with the same thing and haven't been able to figure it out. 

mirandabee
5 0 0

Unfortunately, no. As much as I would like to offer PayPal as means of payment, I have removed it as a method of payment from my shop. PayPal was no help, they referred me to the online chat help and I had to wait 6-8 hours between responses from them (and the responses were not helpful, just basic questions that I had already covered in my initial question). 

AlexKor
Visitor
1 0 0

Which payment gateway was installed instead of PayPal

mirandabee
5 0 0

I am using Shopify Pay for credit cards and I also set up email transfers as a manual payment option for domestic customers  

Missvqb
Tourist
9 0 0

Just encountered this problem myself and disabled PayPal as well. 

Does anybody know if the other express checkout payments like apple pay are working ok on Shopify?

Nitsa
Pathfinder
83 0 38

Where is your store based? What products do you sell? Which countries are the declined transactions coming from?

Missvqb
Tourist
9 0 0

My PayPal payments are working now. Odd as I didn’t do anything other than deactivate and activate again. 

mirandabee
5 0 0

I'm based in Canada, I sell handcrafted jewellery and the transactions were Canadian (both within a two hour drive from my location, so same province within Canada).

Nitsa
Pathfinder
83 0 38

Maybe try as Missvqb did above? Canada should not be a problem, some countries and products are.

mirandabee
5 0 0

I did try deactivating and reactivating several times, but it didn't make a difference. I also couldn't get through to PayPal support by phone and the online chat support had no solutions. I don't think my sales have suffered at all from not having PayPal as an option (domestic customers can send email transfers if they prefer not to use credit card), plus I didn't find the PayPal customer support very helpful, so it makes me hesitant to deal with PayPal at all.