Why isn't PayPal processing transactions on my Shopify store?

Mandy000
Visitor
3 0 0

Driving me crazy!  Shopify say that my store is set up correctly and Paypal say that I've set up correctly on their side.  I had my first sale last week Wednesday that just wont go through and no one can tell me why.  I'm convinced that there's a set up somewhere that's not complete.  The transaction amount is there, pending, but nothing on the paypal side - almost as if the two arent talking to one another.  Any help?  

Replies 7 (7)

Zworthkey
Shopify Partner
5581 642 1565

@Mandy000 
Sorry for the Inconvenent.
What Type of Error Is Shown?

Mandy000
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi there

No error showing.  Just that it shows as pending on shopify and when I log in to Paypal there's no activity on the account

Zworthkey
Shopify Partner
5581 642 1565

ok I got it.
Contact to Shopify Support System.

Mandy000
Visitor
3 0 0

Believe it or not, I got hold of the Shopify "experts" and they told me to contact my developer and lodge a query.  I dont have a developer for my site and no one comes back to me.  I think I'll look for a telephone number to call again...

Zworthkey
Shopify Partner
5581 642 1565

ok 

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

Hi, @Mandy000!

Sorry to hear you've been having some troubles receiving your first PayPal payment. Happy to help troubleshoot this with you.

From your Shopify admin, Under Settings > Payments, what do you see in the PayPal Express Checkout section? Is there a button asking you to complete your setup

If everything appears setup, please confirm that the email address that is listed for PayPal Express Checkout is the correct email address.

Hilary_0-1629751150998.png

If this is the correct email address, is this the same email address you used to sign up for Shopify? If you have changed the address, the payment will likely have been sent to the original address.

Next, please confirm the PayPal is a business account. This is a common issue. Once that is confirmed, please check the email inbox associated with this email address and see if you have a confirmation email waiting from PayPal. This may be required to finalize the setup and start accepting payments. 

Lastly, did you receive the order before or after completing the account setup? If you received it before completing the setup, it can take another order using PayPal to come through to trigger that the setup has been complete. I'll also share our FAQ page on common issues with setting up PayPal. 

As you mentioned looking for a phone number, here is the link to contact our Support team directly for live assistance via chat or callback request. Please log in to your account to create a support request if you prefer this option. 

Otherwise, I look forward to hearing back from you on this so we can continue to troubleshoot together here. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

manonvertu
Visitor
1 0 0

I'm having the exact same issue. I went to test the PayPal button and it just keeps trying to load the pop up page. Then when I instead used the CHECKOUT button, the payment went through, but no orders were logged at all. There's a disconnect between Shopify and PayPal even though everything is set up right. 

What settings in PayPal's WEBSITE PREFERENCES do we have to set up? Do we have to set up the "Auto return for website payments" and "Payment data transfer" and "Encrypted website payments" options in PayPal?