Paypal Refund Fail - ACH

kotistudio
2 0 0

Hi guys,

I have Paypal set up as a payment option on my website (the Paypal account is working). However, when I tried to make a refund, it's showing an error message "You do not have a verified ACH". Any idea how to fix this please?

Vanessa

0 Likes
Hank
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1094 128 173

Hi, @kotistudio,

Hank here from Shopify. 

Thank you for providing the error message, that really helps both myself and the community in providing feedback and solutions.

With your error, 'You do not have a verified ACH', I took a look for you and can see that this is specifically a PayPal error, but I have found more information about this on their website. I have the specific error message for you below.

23-12-zxt97-vu7el

For further information relating to this, I would advise reaching out to PayPal directly as they would have the best advice if there are any other issues associated with your PayPal account.

If you have any other questions, let me know!

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Ursula_Browne
2 0 0

I attempted to resolve with no success. Does anyone have a solution please?
Essentially, the error is relating to an authorised method of drawing money to satisfy a refund. 
If there is a balance in Paypal it will allow a refund. 
PayPal customer service response is “computer says no!!” We can’t do anything. 
I was referred to make a request to engineering twice. Both times they sit on it until I challenge. 
second time they revered me back to customer services, but wouldn’t do it themselves. It looks like I will have no option to remove PayPal as on principle shouldn’t have to keep money in there. It’s a shame as I have been with them for 20+ years. 

0 Likes
Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1492 99 207

Hi there @Ursula_Browne!

I'm just helping out my colleague Griff with some of their replies here!

Thanks for sharing your concern with us in the Shopify Community and I'm sorry to hear you're feeling frustrated with your experience with this.

There wouldn't be anything we can do from here in Shopify in terms of your accounts with external services, and it sounds like you've already been in touch with their support about this specific incident.

I did manage to find some info on the PayPal support site about how refunds work there, that indicates the payment method used for a refund might affect how it can be refunded.

Ultimately, we'd always have to direct you to contact the support team of the specific service you're using, which I do acknowledge you've said you've done so already here. 

You may wish to look into other ways you can take payments from your customers, such as manual payments or such alternative payments as are available to you.

Could you tell us a bit more about your business, and how you'd need to be able to take and process payments in order to support your specific needs?

Let us know if we can share any more info on anything on the Shopify side of things!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Ursula_Browne
2 0 0
Many thanks for the reply Don.
0 Likes