Paypal

Natashacoyle
1 0 0

I am having issues where people have used Paypal Express to check out, and now their payments say pending. They are emailing me to ask where the download is, but on my end it says payment is pending even though Paypal is set up. This is only with the Paypal check outs.

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1278 165 213

Hi, @Natashacoyle. Welcome to the Community! Thanks for reaching out about this.

Have you checked your Paypal account to see if the funds have actually been received there yet? 

According to PayPal, transactions should never remain in a pending state for longer than 48 hours.However, we’ve seen that sometimes the status doesn’t change on the Order page of your Shopify admin after this timeframe. This can occur if Shopify never receives the notification from PayPal that the payment has cleared on PayPal's end, and so the status of the payment remains as ‘Pending’

While the order can still be marked as paid once you observe it has cleared within PayPal, our developers are aware of this and are working with PayPal to ensure that the payments status with PayPal are updated within both your PayPal dashboard and your Shopify admin to make management of your orders easier. I do not have a timeline to share for when these improvements will roll out, but in the future and over time, you will observe that a ‘Pending’ status will update with consistency.

For now, however, you may have to mark as paid manually when you notice that the payment has cleared within PayPal. Let me know if this helps!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes