Pending payment is not showing on the dashboard

Cheng-En
Visitor
3 0 1

Hello there,

so we received an order, customer used SOFORT as payment method. I understand that it takes few business days until the store can capture the payment - that's fine. But this pending payment order is not showing on our dashboard. The only way to access this order is to manually click the link provided in order confirmation email. Does anyone have any idea about this? Is it normal behavior? Thanks a lot!

Reply 1 (1)

Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 108

Hello @Cheng-En!

This is Lana from Shopify.

This can sometimes occur with third party gateways such as SOFORT, where the customer appears to have paid for their order but you're not seeing this on your end. Could I just clarify with you, - are you not seeing this order in the Orders section of the admin? If not, it may have ended up in Orders > Abandoned Carts.

This occurs in cases where the customer after being redirected to the third party gateway to complete the payment does not go back to the Shopify Store. That last step is what actually 'completes' the order, but when missed, this can happen.

At this stage you won't be able turn the abandoned cart into an order to capture the payment, but you can instead 'recreate it' as a Draft Order. This can be done by going to Orders > Drafts in the admin, and then click to Create Order on the top right. You will be able to fill it all out with the customer's info, and then send them an invoice which will be in the form of a link that should bring them straight to checkout. From there, the customer will need to complete the order as normal. I would also suggest that you get in touch with them to let them know what has happened and guide them to fully complete the checkout process this time. They will need to wait to see our 'Thank You' page to verify that the order was completed successfully.

For more information, you can see our guide on Draft Orders here.

Let me know if you have any other questions here.

Thanks! -Lana

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify
-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog