Percentage of subtotal + flat rate shipping

cinni
2 0 0

Hello, I work with Finerworks to sell art. For international shipping they charge an additional 30% of the subtotal plus a flat rate of 14.95$...

How in the world can I set this up on my Shopify account ???

If I cant, is there a free app anyone knows who can help me?

Thanks!

Reply 1 (1)
Ron-Anderson
Shopify Partner
136 12 24

Hi @cinni,

This is a limitation with Shopify. You're not able to apply a percentage markup on a Shopify rate. If you're using live rates or a third-party app, you can add a handling fee, but it's a percentage of the shipping cost rather than the cart total.

I understand you're looking for a free app solution if Shopify can't do what you need. Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any free third-party solutions. Hopefully, someone else in the community is aware of one and can provide that info in this thread.

If you're open to considering a paid third-party solution, Intuitive Shipping lets you configure your shipping just about any way you need. In this case, you can set up a flat rate shipping method for the $14.95 flat cost, then add 30% of the cart total to that. This can be set up just for international shipments. If you'd like to know more about Intuitive Shipping and how to set this up, please feel free to book a demo with one of our team members.

Intuitive Shipping plans start at $USD $29.99 per month.

Additionally, to use any third-party app solution (even a free one), Shopify will require you to enable their third-party Carrier-calculated Shipping Rates feature. If you're on the Advanced plan or higher, this feature is already enabled on your account. If you're on either the 'Basic' or 'Shopify' plan, you will need to reach out to Shopify to have them enable it. The cost of the feature is USD $20/month. If you switch your Shopify plan to annual billing, they'll enable it at no cost and knock 10% off your plan price. If you have any concerns about this feature, we encourage you to reach out to Shopify and express those concerns.

Best regards,

Ron

Customer Experience Manager @ Intuitive Shipping Inc.
Intuitive Shipping | Automate Shipping Profiles