Solved

phone number mandatory even tho optional is set

corypi
5 0 0

hi im having a issue with phone number not being optional despite optional flag see below

phone1.PNGphone2.PNG

Accepted Solution (1)

Nia
Shopify Staff (Retired)
537 38 77

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @!

The Phone Number field in the Local Delivery section is a current limitation of this feature so there is no way to make this an optional field at the moment. However, I will definitely put this feedback through to our developers on your behalf so this can be a functionality added in for the future!

In the meantime, the only work around would be to create a "Shipping Rate" and naming it "Local Delivery". You can do this by completing the following -

1. Navigate to Settings > Shipping and Delivery.
  2. Click on Manage Rates next to your Shipping Profile.
  3. Click on Add Rate , name this "Local Delivery".
  4. Set up your rates and remember to Save.

Please note that you will also want to place a note in the shipping title for what qualifies as "Local Delivery" in accordance to your area.

Shipping strategies are an important part of your business workflow. How do you ship out orders when they come through?

Nia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Nia
Shopify Staff (Retired)
537 38 77

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @!

The Phone Number field in the Local Delivery section is a current limitation of this feature so there is no way to make this an optional field at the moment. However, I will definitely put this feedback through to our developers on your behalf so this can be a functionality added in for the future!

In the meantime, the only work around would be to create a "Shipping Rate" and naming it "Local Delivery". You can do this by completing the following -

1. Navigate to Settings > Shipping and Delivery.
  2. Click on Manage Rates next to your Shipping Profile.
  3. Click on Add Rate , name this "Local Delivery".
  4. Set up your rates and remember to Save.

Please note that you will also want to place a note in the shipping title for what qualifies as "Local Delivery" in accordance to your area.

Shipping strategies are an important part of your business workflow. How do you ship out orders when they come through?

corypi
5 0 0

Alright I guess I’ll live with the phone number right now. I don’t think the standard shipping will do it as I need the delivery radius’s that local delivery provides 

Nia
Shopify Staff (Retired)
537 38 77

Hi, @!

I would recommend looking into the Advanced Shipping Rules app which allows you more flexibility on the shipping settings that are currently limited through the Shopify settings, including Local Delivery.

We hope to have this limitation removed in the near future so thank you again for your co-operation and patience!