Please help —No “Large” Option Listed for USPS Flate Rate Box?

Natalie1783
2 0 4

Hi there Shopify forums!

I have a large flat rate box I am trying to ship out ASAP. For some reason there is no option for this size, all other sizes are available but this one?

It’s very strange— I find the size, flat rate large 12 x 12 x 5.5, but it is available only for APO Army Adresses, I don’t think I should select this though for fear it will be returned back to me?

Should I go ahead and list under custom box ( even though this is a USPS flate rate?)  

I regularly use this box size for my large items and could possibly go through USPS shipping but I would love to go through this Platform as I keep many tracking numbers stored here and wouldn’t want them separated using outsourced shipping. Wondering if there’s any way we can add this box size into the shipping category. 

Any and all help is appreciated

ASeller
Tourist
7 0 12

I also have this question.  Where is the USPS Large Flat Rate Box option for shipping?

Rockholds
2 0 1

I also need to be able to ship USPS Large flat rate box but the option is not there. Please advise. 

nestsf
1 0 1

Yes, please - there must be an answer to this question.

saivismitha
Shopify Partner
137 7 29

Hi,

Is the issue still persisting? Ideally, the USPS Flat Rate boxes are a great option for heavy items and a well-known cost-effective shipping option.

I’m not sure why the box option is not available or all addresses. Have you tried contacting Shopify support?

One of the workarounds for this issue will be to add the same (12 x 12 x 5.5) dimensions of the box, in the package section so that, this box is used while shipping by the USPS carrier.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
nathanh2020
1 0 0

Problem is still persisting.

I see the option for large flat rate "board game box" which in theory costs the same amount as a large flat rate box, but no option for just the standard flat rate box. Not sure if you can use the same label.

0 Likes
SECarter
Tourist
7 0 4

I know this post was a while ago but I found a solution: 

Step 1: Go to the Shipping section

Step 2: Scroll down to Package and Select Add package

Step 3: Select Carrier packaging and there should be a pop up.

Step 4: Select USPS packaging

Step 5: Select the flat rate packaging type (You should see the Large Flate Rate Box)

Step 6: Click Add package

I did this yesterday and it works for one of my orders. Hope this helps! 

ASeller
Tourist
7 0 12
Thank you so much!  Shopify must have added it recently.  I'm grateful you let me know. 
0 Likes
bvbull200
1 0 0

It's not there for me?  I have needed it in the past and need it now, but this is the first time I saw someone with success.  The only "large" option is for the board game box.  Any ideas how to get the standard large flat rate to show up?

0 Likes
Rockholds
2 0 1
Nope not in there, the only one is board game box. Large flat rate box does not show up
0 Likes