Prinful FREE shipping rate for USA only???

JRiceCo
5 0 0

I'm new to Shopify and while I love a lot of the functionality, I'm finding the shipping profiles for my Printful products to be extremely frustrating.

Here is what I want to do: I want ALL of my  products to ship FREE in the USA only. All other countries would then get the standard Printful flat rates for those countries and items.

What I've tried: I have gone into the Printful shipping profiles on Shopify and have change the USA rate for each product to FREE. 

What's happened: After a few days, I've noticed that my previously edited Printful rates have reverted back to showing the USA rate with a flat rate, NOT FREE.

So, is there an easy way to specify FREE shipping for just the USA for my printful products without making ALL countries FREE? 

I also have an Etsy store that I sell my products on and this has NEVER been an issue. My USA customers get FREE shipping and all other customers are charged a flat rates. Easy peasy. 

Please help a Shopify newbie with how to solve this problem. This issue could be a make it or break it for me staying on Shopify.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Replies 8 (8)

June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks so much for your question! I'd love to gather a little more information so we can work towards getting your shipping settings just the way you'd like them. 

To clarify, when you first set up your Printful shipping profile, you created a unique shipping zone for USA only, is that right? Within this shipping zone you created a single free shipping rate - and then all other countries belong to their own shipping zone(s), yes? 

A few days later, when you noticed your USA customers were no longer receiving free shipping, was this within your admin or at checkout? After you first saved your free USA shipping rate, did you have the chance to test it at checkout to ensure it was behaving as expected? 

Since I won't be able to access your shipping settings myself, perhaps you can share a screenshot from your admin so I can take a look. Thanks again!

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

JRiceCo
5 0 0

Thanks June for your reply.

I'm not for sure if I did create a UNIQUE shipping zone for USA only. I used Printful's shipping profiles and changed the USA zone to FREE.

Here's what that looks like:

PrintfulApp_screenshot.jpg

I tested it and it worked. Then a week after the test I noticed it changed back after I added another product to the store and did another test order and it added shipping.

I reached out to Printful, but their response that it has to be solved through Shopify.

Any help you can give would be appreciated.

Here's another screen shot of my shipping  panel.

Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 1.40.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 1.57.43 PM.png

June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

Thanks for sharing these screenshots! 

I notice you seem to have 14 Printful shipping profiles. Have you added your free US shipping rate to each of these profiles? 

08-06-17304-55858

As well, when you tested your checkout most recently, did you add only products belonging to this shipping profile below to your cart? 

08-09-93604-4982

JRiceCo
5 0 0

The multiple profiles are generated from the Printful app. I've adjusted those to show FREE shipping in the USA only. I've been checking every morning and until today everything was as I had changed it. Today however, the profiles have switched back to showing prices for USA shipping. I'm thinking the Printful app is updating these prices and overriding my override. 

So, what do I do? This is really too much trouble to continually check these shipping values everyday. 

Thanks for whatever help you can give.

Jonathan

June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

Hi Jonathan!

Thanks for following up and I can definitely appreciate that it's not sustainable (or a good use of your time) to be double-checking that your store is still offering free shipping. I'd love to see this resolved for you.  

To clarify, when you say "the profiles have switched back to showing prices for USA shipping", it sounds like your admin's shipping profiles are updating on their own, is that right? If that's the case, since neither yourself nor our team have updated your rates manually, yet they seem to have saved when you last edited them, I imagine you are correct that these updated rates are being pulled from Printful. 

Printful does offer the option to automatically sync your shipping rates - I'm curious if this feature is enabled on your account? You can confirm by visiting your Printful dashboard (under Apps), selecting Settings > Shipping and looking for the heading Enable live shipping rates for Printful products with Shopify. Is the option Use live rates for my Printful products selected here? 

JRiceCo
5 0 0

I do not have LIVE RATES turned on, because it is my understanding that I would have to upgrade by Shopify subscription to do this. I'm not prepared to do that at this time. 

So, what if I just make a standard shipping profile through Shopify for the US that states FREE shipping and then create one of for all other countries and just add Prinful's rates for these regions to this profile? In other words, manually make my own shipping profiles. Would they then not override any rates from Printful once assigned to a product? And Printful could not change those rates, since it would be my own shipping rate profile?

Thanks,

Jonathan

June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

Perfect, thanks for confirming that! Yes, we don't want Use live rates for my Printful products enabled so you're all good there. 

My only concern with the solution you've described is that your products can only belong to one shipping profile each - so it will not be possible to create two separate shipping profiles for the same product(s). The beauty of shipping zones is that we're able to assign unique shipping rates based on customers' shipping addresses. In your case though, we definitely want to make sure Printful is not updating those shipping rates once you've set them. 

I did come across this resource from Printful's team in a previous Community thread - let me know if you're able to access that link on your end! 

JRiceCo
5 0 0

I appreciate your help.

Upon further investigation, it is NOT possible to do what I want to do through Printful or Shopify. I've made the painful decision to eat some profit in those countries where the shipping is quite a bit more than here in the USA. I feel it's important to offer FREE shipping to my USA and EU customers, so I'll stick with Printful's overall FREE shipping until some solution is created. 

Jonathan