Does Shopify handle print on demand or do I seek external fulfillment?

C3O
4 0 0

When i get my online store going do Shopify do all the printing and shipping upon demand or do i have to find a print on demand company to fulfill the orders?

Reply 1 (1)

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 323

Hey @C3O,

Welcome to the Shopify Community!

Happy to hear you are interested in running a print-on-demand business! This means you don’t need to buy or store any inventory, keeping your overhead costs nice and low. Print on demand (POD) is an eCommerce business model whereby you team up with a supplier to sell customized products such as shirts, hats, mugs, calendars, and more. Once an order is placed in your store, it will then be fulfilled through your supplier who will create and ship the product to your customer.

You also get to choose the supplier that you would like to work with, depending on the type of products you wish to sell will help you decide which supplier you choose. For example, Printful is a popular choice among print-on-demand sites because of its wide selection of high-quality products and brands (Gildan, American Apparel, etc.), easy-to-use mockup generators, and options for adding your own branding to the unboxing experience.

You can check out a full list of suppliers and the products they offer below:

If you'd like to learn more about POD and check out some of the available service providers, we've got an amazing guide on POD right over here:

I also found a course that will provide you step by step instructions on setting up a “Print on Demand Empire”:

If you have any questions please feel free to thread those below!

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog