Print Shipping Labels and Packing Slips at the Same Time?

kshetler
2 0 8

Is it possible to print shipping labels and packing slips at the same time? All of the current methods I know of are separate operations.

It would be nice to have a way to hit one that would bulk print labels and packing slips together (label, packing slip, label, packing slip, etc).

Replies 20 (20)
PluginHive
Shopify Partner
796 31 90

Hello,

StorePep can help you with this. You can generate and print shipping labels and packing slips at the same time.  Also, using StorePep, it is possible to bulk print the labels and packing slips along with the invoice!

Hope this helps!

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
PacMoldBW
Tourist
4 0 2

Did you ever find a solution to this? The app mentioned by the gent above,StorePep, doesn't seem to be supported by Shopify.

We are also experiencing the lag due to shuffling the label and packing slip. Hope you, your family and business is well.

Cheers,

Blake

@kshetler wrote:

Is it possible to print shipping labels and packing slips at the same time? All of the current methods I know of are separate operations.

It would be nice to have a way to hit one that would bulk print labels and packing slips together (label, packing slip, label, packing slip, etc).

PluginHive
Shopify Partner
796 31 90

Adding to my previous reply, 

You can use the Multi Carrier Shipping Label app to handle this easily. With the app, it is possible to print the shipping labels in bulk along with the packing slips at the same time.

Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
pmadine
2 0 2

With this app are you able to print the shipping label on the packing slip?  So your label would be at the bottom of a peel and stick packing slip?

SBozy
2 0 1

Yep, having the label and the slip on the same sheet would be ideal

kshetler
2 0 8

Never did find an elegant solution. Seems like a no-brainer?

I buy the labels in batches and print those, then return to the list, select the orders I just printed, and then use Order Printer to print the packing slips at the same time.

I use Order Printer because it allows me to include sales info (price, total paid, etc) on the packing slip.

Ideally I'd just select a batch of orders, buy multiple labels at a time and have the pdf alternate label and packing slip.

PolishPops
1 0 3

did you ever find that elegant solution? we are hoping to do the same thing. we want to be able to print a shipping label followed by a packing slip for each order in bulk (on a 4x6 label printer)

it would also be great if the same app was able to automatically choose package size based on number of units ordered or weight or volume, etc.

ausnchan
2 0 3

This app is an additional fee. It seems like it would be available in shopify without having to add an additional app for a fee.

We too are looking for a way to be able to print the invoice and the shipping label together to help reduce the time we are having to shuffle and sort shipping labels and invoices. 

Are there any updated ways to print the shipping label and invoice together without having to add an outside app? 

Mcjg
2 0 3

Anyone find a solution for this?

Seems really sad that shipstation offers this solution but not Shopify!

Found the perfect labels here: https://pcforms.com/labels-shipstation-labels

Can this be coded in somehow??

ennogee
Tourist
5 0 0

Any app would be too many functions and features for such a simple request. 

AndrewLoveless
Tourist
9 0 0

I’m not sure you covered this but I believe he’s asking if you can print the shipping label and the packing slip one after another on the same roll of labels. I have not found a way to do this.

AndrewLoveless
Tourist
9 0 0

Same here! We have to use a 3rd party solution instead of using Shopify. Sad that they haven't come up with a solution for Shopify yet. 

Anindita
Shopify Partner
419 24 63

Hi @AndrewLoveless,

You can take a look at Multi Carrier Shipping Label App. This app allows you to print bulk shipping labels and packing slips with a click.

fitbody
Excursionist
13 0 6

So they've done it. But in true Shopify fashion...they've also buggered it up at the same time. 
While you can now collate printing of shipping postage labels and packing slips, you cannot actually get them formatted correctly. See attached issue. As well, support is clueless on this and offers a cockamamy workaround that doesn't work. Again, Shopify strikes again. Clearly they did not test the new feature before launching. Wondering how many other folks are having a helluva time doing labels. Instead of saving me time, you've messed with what WAS working before and now caused me to have to screen shot the packing slips in order to try and print to 4x6 thermal printer. Thanks for nothing!

Screenshot of issue...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Y6OJajx8JsSibHrkVGm7xcrflRaTGB_3/view?usp=sharing

simon_c
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
4 0 2

Hi @fitbody ,

To resolve this issue, you can revert your packing slip template to the default format, or update it using the instructions in this thread: https://community.shopify.com/c/payments-shipping-and/customize-your-packing-slip-template-to-use-4x...

Alternatively if you've made other edits and don't want to replace the entire code, you can just change the width value to 890px in the .wrapper section (see below). 

Packing Slip Template Change.png

fitbody
Excursionist
13 0 6

Does not work. 
Tried.

AndrewLoveless
Tourist
9 0 0

Unfortunately, That Multi Carrier Shipping Label App from PluginHive doesn't allow USPS, which is a must for us. 

AndrewLoveless
Tourist
9 0 0

Where's the thread on how to set up collated shipping labels and packing slips? 

Anindita
Shopify Partner
419 24 63

Hi @AndrewLoveless 

Three ways to print USPS Shipping label and ship directly from Shopify store using Multi Carrier Shipping label.
1. USPS with EVS account. More information on USPS EVS account. 
2. Stamps.com - USPS Postage Rates via Stamps.
3. EasyPost - USPS rate chart from EasyPost.