How can I print basic customer labels without using Shopify apps?

Benb1992
Tourist
4 0 1

I use a post office to send my orders out. I get a physical stamp and post it out with my local post office because we get really good rates. 

I want to be able to print a label out with the customer's name and address. I do not want to use one of the couriers that seems to be connected to all of the Shopify apps. I just want to print a simple label out.

Is there a way to do this? I've spent hours searching and cannot find any options.

Thanks so much!

Replies 6 (6)

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 132

Hi, @Benb1992

Welcome to the Shopify Community. Can you please clarify what you mean by a "simple label"? I'd be happy to try and help find a solution for you, but require some more details about what you're looking for. 

I understand you're not wanting to use any connected couriers via Shopify Shipping or a third party app. What is your current workaround, and where are you purchasing labels? What details need to be printed on these labels - is it just the customer name and shipping address? A detailed example would be very helpful. Please make sure to not share any sensitive information (fictional information works great in that case). 

Thanks! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Benb1992
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi Hilary, thanks so much for the response.

So right now when an order comes in I get a pen and write on the name and full address on the envelope. This is taking too long.

If John Smith from 123 fiction land makes an order, I'll get an envelope and physically write down the name and address so I can put it in the post. 

I'd like to be able to print the John Smith's details onto a label/sticker so I can just stick the details on the envelope rather than write it out. I can't find a way to print out his details if that makes sense. 

Thanks!

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 132

Ah I see, thanks for the clear explanation and example! I can definitely understand why you'd like to improve this process. A great option for you would be to use Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word to convert your order information into labels, which you can then print onto labels that you can purchase from a stationary store. 

To do this, you would need to export your orders from your Shopify admin, and then follow a tutorial on how to print labels from Excel, such as this one linked here. Alternatively, if you don't have access to the Microsoft Suite, there is another tutorial on how to print labels from Google Sheets, which is free and accessible to anyone.

Just so you know, these types of tutorials are outside our scope of support at Shopify, since they're external to the Shopify platform. If you do need assistance, I'd recommend seeing if you can find a YouTube video that walks you through the process in further detail. Otherwise, another option is perhaps hiring a Shopify Expert to initially set this workflow up for you, and guide you through the process so you can continue it on your own. 

Hope this helps! 

Anto_S
Shopify Partner
148 4 19

Hey @Benb1992 

We recently released the Sheet Master app that will help you create the labels you need in under a minute, at no extra cost.

Click here to install https://apps.shopify.com/sheet-master

Here's a video on how labels can be created and printed. Please email me at anto@comstack.co if you need any assistance with the app.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrYiXtTz84M

thanks!

Anto

Automating Commerce at Comstack.co
Email: anto@comstack.co
Benb1992
Tourist
4 0 1

Thanks very much Hilary, really appreciate it and thank you for sending on the links. 

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 132

My pleasure, happy to help!