Problem with Sage Pay Form integration

peteJK
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi all,

I'm a merchant based in Ireland, using Sage Pay Form as the payment gateway through the built-in Shopify integration.

Over the last few months, we've been getting a lot of unexplained payment declines and, following numerous conversations with Sage Pay and our acquiring bank, we've been advised that the issue is caused by an outdated integration, using their Protocol 3.00, where the current version is 4.00. I've been given these instructions on how this needs to be migrated: Protocol 3.00 > 4.00 Migration Guide | Elavon Developer Portal

Obviously, as a merchant, I don't have access to the integration and can't fix it myself. Contacting Shopify support through chat and over the phone hasn't really brought us any closer to a solution, so any help will be appreciated. As it is now, we're heading into the busiest part of the year, but 1 in 3 payment attempts from our customers fails because of this issue, which is simply unacceptable, considering we pay Shopify over $1k each month.

If this can't be resolved (and soon), we'll face a choice of switching payment gateways (which, apart from being a complex operation, will not be easy, as we sell alcohol and tobacco products, which most gateways don't accept) or moving our business elsewhere. Neither of these choices is particularly appealing from our business perspective.

Thanks in advance,

Pete

Replies 4 (4)

Tiffany121
Excursionist
15 1 3

Hi,

Perhaps my answer can provide some reference for your payment questions. I understand your feelings very well, and I have encountered the same problem. I have cooperated with a payment company called Silkpay before. Working with them really improved my payment efficiency.

They will provide you with corresponding services according to your needs. They are experts in payment solutions. They will help you integrate payment solutions and provide different payment plug-ins, including visa, mastercard, CB, Alipay, Wechat pay etc.

You can visite their website silkpay.eu or contact them to ask contact@silkpay.fr

Regards,

peteJK
Visitor
3 0 0

Thanks!

Indeed, I've decided to explore other payment gateways (even though my understanding is the problem is on Shopify's side rather than our current gateway). The one I went for is Windcave, I'll try and update this thread when we're live to confirm that it solved the problem for us.

peteJK
Visitor
3 0 0

Thanks!

Indeed, I've decided to explore other payment gateways (even though my understanding is the problem is on Shopify's side rather than our current gat). The one I went for is Windcave, I'll try and update this thread when we're live to confirm that it solved the problem for us.

Tiffany121
Excursionist
15 1 3

You are welcome!

I am very happy to hear that you have found a solution and hope everything goes well!