Can you input product dimensions in Shopify like in Magento?

canadianflower
Excursionist
18 2 1

Hello

Migrating from Magento to Shopify

In magento there is an option to input shipping dims like length, width, and height.

In magneto there is an option to input Height, Width, and Depth of the product using attributes

Is this possible to do in Shopify for each product?

PS i have not migrated my products over but was doing a test sample to see if this is a possibility.

Thank you for your assistance in advance.

Replies 2 (2)

canadianflower
Excursionist
18 2 1

Thank you for your reply.

Would you be kind enough to direct me or provide me the location where i would be able to do this.

Thank you again for your assistance.

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

Hi @canadianflower

Shipping can be one of the more complex areas of your business to set up. We have a lot of help resources to guide you through this process;  I recommend reading understanding shipping with Shopify as a starting point. I'll briefly explain the main shipping options with Shopify, and share the related resources:

• Flat rates  
    • General rates
    • Based on Weight
    • Based on Price
    • Free shipping rates
  • Calculated rates
    • Using your own carrier accounts
    • Using Shopify Shipping
    • Using an app

Now that I've outlined the main shipping options, to address your original question, on the product details page you can enter your product weight. Dimensions are entered as a package size, rather than the size of the product. The reason is shipping prices are calculated on the dimensions of the box that is being used to ship the products, not the products themselves. There is more about packages and shipment weights on our Help Center. 

If you are eligible for Shopify Shipping, then you can connect your Shopify account with Shopify's shipping carrier accounts, which has the following benefits:

• Display calculated shipping rates, instead of flat rates, to your customers at checkout
  • Get reduced rates for your shipping labels
  • Print shipping labels directly from your Shopify admin

There is an Introduction to Shopify Shipping video on our YouTube Help Center, which explains how it works. Furthermore, there is a great help document called Setting up Shopify Shipping that guides you through the setup process. 

Please reply here and let me know if you have any further questions, and be sure to include the shipping strategy you have in mind for your business! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.