Question About Shopify Notifications?

GalaxyRed
Excursionist
48 0 7

I'm using Parcel Panel from the shopify app store it's basically provides the customer a way to track their orders. By putting their order number, email or tracking number. I'm using klaviyo for shopify notifications, I did a test order and I did get a order confirmation, shipping confirmation, but no out for delivery or delivered email whatsoever I only got a shipping update email. In parcel panel within setting their was a delivery notification setting which I turned off "picture down below." The reason why I turned it off is because I thought shopify was going to send out a out for delivery and delivered email and there was no need for the app to send duplicate emails. My question is do I need to turn on the "delivery notifications" within parcel panel for it to send out for delivery and delivered emails?

GalaxyRed_0-1646873304212.png

Reply 1 (1)

Blair
Shopify Staff
1814 253 219

Hey @GalaxyRed,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I'm happy to provide some guidance with delivery notifications to ensure they are working as expected. I would recommend touching basis with Parcel Panel Order Tracking directly to gain confirmation on this adjustment, but believe their notification is required to be toggled on as you noted. 

It seems Parcel Panel has indicated that toggling on their delivery notification will ensure native notifications within Shopify (i.e the Out for Delivery and Delivered Status) will continue to be sent to customers. This will ensure they are updated on their shipment details going forward. I do recommend enabling this within the app and re-testing by placing another order to confirm it is working as expected. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Blair | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog