Question abt dropshipping, address

ChillStrike
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey guys, I'm a newbie to dropshipping from Aliexpress. Do you need a virtual business address so that the tracking doesn't show your own address? I don't want the customer to know where I live. And if that's so, how does the tracking work, like do I have to update the shipping? Can customer track directly from Aliexpress? If no, do I have to do anything after the item got shipped? And do I have to set a Paypal business account, is it even necessary? Thanks for answering these mind racking questions

Reply 1 (1)

Rein
Shopify Staff (Retired)
324 33 48

Hi @ChillStrike 

Rein here from Shopify. I am happy to answer as much as I can here for you. 

Do you need a virtual business address so that the tracking doesn't show your own address? I don't want the customer to know where I live. And if that's so, how does the tracking work, like do I have to update the shipping?

You do not need a virtual business address, there is no such data shared with customers thoughout the ordering process. However, you can set one up to process returns if you want to process them or you can contact your suplier whom you dropship with to process it for you. 

Can customer track directly from Aliexpress? If no, do I have to do anything after the item got shipped?

Typically, the tracking is setup by you. You can enter the tracking details into the order on Shopify and it will be provided to the customer. From there they can use a specific tracking website to track their items. They would never be directed to Aliexpress. From all purposes they are buying from you. 

And do I have to set a Paypal business account, is it even necessary?

If you are wanting to use PayPal as a payment gateway then yes, a PayPal business account is needed. You can view all alterantive gateways available to you here. 

If you have any other questions feel free to ask. Thanks, Rein.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.