Questions about shipping

Leo101
1 0 0

Hi my name is Leo.

Ive been messing around abit with shopify now for a few days and had a few questions about shipping. My plan is to use oberlo and have free shipping but include the shipping in the price of the products. So then im wondering, what happens if someone orders from lets say Tajikistan where it's much more expensive to ship? and what if someone orders from somewhere where that aliexpress store dosen't provide shipping to? Does the order still go through?

0 Likes
Oliver
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
425 48 85

Hi, @Leo101 !

This is a common shipping strategy applied by merchants. I'd recommend limiting your shipping zones to countries that you're comfortable shipping to. Check in with the suppliers you're using from AliExpress to see where they ship to and you can build your shipping rates with that information in mind. I'd recommend going through our Plan Your Shipping Strategy document. It'll help you determine a path forward in regards to shipping on your store. Keep in mind, in the off chance an order is placed from a location that can't be shipped to, the order can be refunded or you can arrange alternative shipping methods if necessary.

All the best!

Oliver | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes