"There was a problem buying shipping labels"

QuickServoCable
Tourist
10 0 1

This is my first time trying to ship something.

Shipping Error.JPG

Replies 12 (12)
Greta
Shopify Staff
50 10 8

Hi, @QuickServoCable!

I’m happy to look into this error for you. 

Can you confirm which carrier you were trying to purchase a shipping label from (UPS, USPS, DHL)? 

Typically this is an error message that would have to be investigated by our shipping team. While I can’t provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community, I recommend contacting our live Support team who can continue to assist you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request.

Please let me know if I can clarify anything about this!

Greta | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

PartnersWire
Excursionist
35 3 12

Hi @QuickServoCable 

Nice, I also suggest to check solutions that helps you with store management and eventually gain customer satisfaction and able to sell more.

Let me know if you need help. You may also check links on our valuable apps that provide real-time solutions

Anindita
Shopify Partner
74 2 11

Hi @QuickServoCable,

May I know which carrier you are using? If you are using Shopify shipping services then contact the Shopify support team. If not then I will suggest you look into the Shopify Multi Carrier Shipping Label app. This app allows you to print shipping labels for all the top carriers and fully automate the shipping process.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
QuickServoCable
Tourist
10 0 1

Hi All,

Thanks for the help!  We're trying to use UPS.

Thank you!

QuickServoCable
Tourist
10 0 1

Furthermore, @Greta , how do I create a "support request"?  I get to the below screen, but I don't see a way to submit a request for help:

QuickServoCable_0-1638100600694.png

QuickServoCable
Tourist
10 0 1
Greta
Shopify Staff
50 10 8

Hi, @QuickServoCable!

Thank you for following up, I can definitely provide you all the steps for getting in touch with our live Support team. 

1. Head over to this link: Contact Shopify Support · Shopify Help Center.
  2. Log-In (recommended) or Continue without logging in.
  3. Use the Search Bar to type in your current issue, such as "Shipping labels" or "Request callback".
  4. Scroll down to where it says Get support and click Continue.
  5. Choose either Chat With UsSchedule a Callback, or Email Us.

The Callback feature is only available if you are logged into an account. If the Callback option isn't available at the time you follow these steps, it may be because the queue is currently full. In these cases, I would give it 5-10 mins and then check once more.

We also have a short video of the steps. 

Let me know if you have any more questions! 

Greta | Shopify 

QuickServoCable
Tourist
10 0 1

Thanks @Greta , I was able to chat with someone.  I really hope they'll be able to help.  I'll be honest with you, this is NOT the experience that I was expecting to receive from Shopify.  My first shipment taking weeks to process....  Thank God I tried this first on a test order before actually taking on a real customer order.

Greta
Shopify Staff
50 10 8

Hey, @QuickServoCable.

I'm glad you were able to chat with our team, and I'm sorry to hear that this experience hasn't been what you hoped.

Just for some background, when an error like this occurs, it is usually related to your UPS account with Shopify needing to be reset. This can happen when the account goes unused for a while. Once our team is able to set up the account properly you shouldn't run into any more issues and the shipping label process will be smooth!

Thank you for working through this with me.

Greta | Shopify