"This discount code isn’t available to you right now"

CJP
Visitor
1 0 1

Potential customers are getting this error message when trying to use a valid code.

They meet all requirements for the code.

Does anyone know what this error message means?

Thanks.

Replies 6 (6)

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

Hi, @CJP!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

If you've used the Discounts guide and you're encountering this message at checkout, there could be a few different factors that can cause this error. It could be a setting in the discount, time and date, customer actions and details at checkout, or other reasons.

I'd like to take a closer look at this if you'd like. I will have to send over an email to you to get you authenticated. Would you like me to check into this for you?

Let me know how you do with the information above! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Bratzdolllhouse
Visitor
1 0 1
I’m having the same problem
jb_hp
Visitor
1 0 1

I am also having a similar problem.  I don't see a solution in the knowledge base or in response to this.  

Marugalvis
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi,

I'm having the same problem and all of the requirements have been met. Any answer please?

I set that the discount code be applie donly to the abandoned carts.

Any answer please?

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

HI, @Marugalvis. If you've taken a look at the guide in the solution here and you're not sure where the parameter might be missing in your discount setting you can certainly reach out to our live support team so they can have a look at the discount settings and help you out.

They’ll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the public forum in Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

peabs
Visitor
1 0 0

I also had a $110 order that showed up with the JONESPRO30 discount and when I entered my credit card...it said discount not available