"Your payouts from Shopify Payments are on hold"

JackBlack
Tourist
8 0 6

I kept receiving an e-mail for the last month or so asking me to login to the Shopify admin  and "click on the banner"?.. (there was never any banner) to give details to keep using Shopify payments.

Today my Shopify Payments account has been frozen, Shopify tells me no payouts will be paid to my bank but customers can still checkout and make payment..

I asked Shopify chat support what details they needed, they said no details were needed but they were going to get the relevant team to verify my account.. when I asked how long this would take they couldn't tell me.

PLEASE can someone from Shopify tell me when I will get my payments??? I have some big bills to pay and I can't run my business properly if you're going to hold my money at ransom with no clear reason why or details you need from me to fix it!!

Thank you.

Replies 4 (4)

Victoria
Shopify Staff
2093 148 247

Hi, @JackBlack.

Thanks for reaching out to the Shopify Community and sharing your question. 

To confirm, there is no banner within your Shopify admin?

With a Shopify Payments payout hold, there's usually a banner within the Shopify admin that provides additional insight into the reason for the hold, or any banners requesting documentation.

If there is no banner in your admin indicating the next steps, I encourage you to reply to your existing support ticket. We have an internal support team that oversees the requests and will be able to provide you with further information. Our community forums are unable to access account-specific data or view support tickets.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Victoria | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

JackBlack
Tourist
8 0 6

@Victoria wrote:

To confirm, there is no banner within your Shopify admin?

No, I never saw a banner asking for details. When I contacted chat support they told me there were no details required from me!

@Victoria wrote:

If there is no banner in your admin indicating the next steps, I encourage you to reply to your existing support ticket.

How do I do this? I have not opened a ticket. The person on chat support said I had to wait for a response from the "verification team".. I have no way of contact this team...

I am extremely worried about this. I can't run my business I need my payouts to be transferred!

There's no clear reason why Shopify has done this....

Victoria
Shopify Staff
2093 148 247

Thank you for your reply, @JackBlack.

Thanks for advising there was no banner requesting details in your Shopify admin. When communicating with support, a support ticket would have been created. For further clarification on your payouts, I recommend replying directly to that support ticket. They will be the appropriate team to advise you if additional documents or information is needed. You can locate this support ticket by checking your inbox, spam or junk folder.

Victoria | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

JackBlack
Tourist
8 0 6

Hi,

I have replied twice in the support ticket 24hrs apart with no communications back from Shopify. I am in the dark completely in regards to the reason I can't get my payments or what information I need to supply.. this is bad communication on Shopifys part. I just need to know approximately how long this will take so I can plan accordingly... I have been using Shopify continuously for approximately 10 years please can I have some service???

Jack