Re: Can't print a shipping label due to unverified address

asamad90
Tourist
9 0 2

Hi Helen,

Gooday, I've got this message when making local delivery in my country Bahrain "This order's address couldn't be verified. would you please assist me to overcome this problem, Thanks in advance.

Regards,

A.samad I. Ebrahim

email: asamad90@gmail.com

Replies 9 (9)

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 286

Hey, @asamad90. I’ve started a new topic for your question since Local Delivery issues are different from shipping label issues. So, let’s look into this!

In order to know how to proceed, could you please let me know:

• Is this the first time you’re experiencing the error message when fulfilling an order using Local Delivery
  • At what point in your workflow is this error message appearing? 
  • Have you confirmed your customer is within your delivery zone(s)?

If you can, please also provide a screenshot of the error message you’re receiving and where it is appearing. This will be very helpful in knowing the best way to troubleshoot this. 

Thanks!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

asamad90
Tourist
9 0 2

Hi Helen,

This is the first time I install the local delivery option, and at the setting of the local offer for delivery when I give the checkbox a tick for the service, Ofcaurse still no  at this stage, consider the attached. Thanks in advance.Local Address could not be verified Bahrain.png

asamad90
Tourist
9 0 2

Hi Helen,

This is the first time I install the local delivery option, and at the setting of the local offer for delivery when I give the checkbox a tick for the service, Ofcaurse still no  at this stage, consider the attached. Thanks in advance.Local Address could not be verified Bahrain.png

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 286

Thanks for the screenshot, @asamad90! I think I see what’s going on here. Generally an address verification error notification arises when there is a discrepancy between the formatting of how your address is entered in your Shopify account, and how Google identifies it. 

To provide some context on this issue, Shopify relies on Google's APIs to determine geocodes. This means if Google can geocode an address, then it is verified in Shopify. This also means that if Google cannot, or has not geocoded your address yet, it will not be able to be verified on Shopify's side.

Therefore, as a first step towards troubleshooting the notification on your end, please enter your address into Google. Then, please ensure that it is entered in your Local Delivery location exactly how Google displays it. To edit this address, please go to ‘Settings > Locations’ in your admin.

Let me know if this helps!

asamad90
Tourist
9 0 2
Hi again Helen,I've updated the address on both Google and the Shopify Location you've referred, it gave me the same Mssg. as attached, it might take sometime to update from google side, I'll wait for sometime, Is there anything to do at the waiting time? Thanks.
Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 286

Thanks for the update, @asamad90. Has the address been verified now since you last posted, by any chance?

If not, then it would be best for us to take a closer look at this for you. We’ll need to access your account in order to do so. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request.

Let me know how it goes!

asamad90
Tourist
9 0 2
Hi Helen,I've sent to google my business address which is mentioned  in my Electricity Utility Bills and they will send a Mail Card To verify the business location address, hope this will do job, to start selling locally. Thank you.
Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 286

That’s great, @asamad90. Thanks for the update.

Please let me know how it all works out. I want to make sure you’re able to do all that you need to be successful with your business. And it’s also great information to share for others who come across this thread, and may be experiencing the same issue. All the best!

Anindita
Shopify Partner
675 34 95

Hi @asamad90,

Have you set the shipping zones under the Shipping and Delivery section? 

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping