Solved

Re: Customer orders keep getting declined

Thm2bbiwbg
Visitor
2 0 1

I have had a customer place an order and was alerted in the ‘timeline’ that the amount could not be processed on their credit card as it was declined. They have been notified but have failed to respond. Now Shopify have processed the amount of the order into my business account and I have no idea what I need to do to reverse this and return the funds to Shopify. Please advice ASAP so I can make good. Thanks very much

Accepted Solution (1)

Ted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1255 115 137

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Thm2bbiwbg,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for posting your query! 

Normally when payment has been declined, our gateway wouldn't be able to process the funds and the order will appear in the Orders > Abandoned Checkouts section of your admin. If the order can be seen in the Orders screen of your admin, this means the order has been successfully charged and so the gateway would have added this payment to your next payout. Would you be able to double-check the timeline of the order again and see if the customer processed the order at a later stage? 

I'm happy to help you here if you would like but I'd just need a screenshot or a description of the customer's payment (with sensitive info blacked out) to help you further. Our live chat, email and callback support are available here 24/7 as well if you would prefer to share that information privately. 

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can help you with, I'm happy to help!

Many thanks, 

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

Ted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1255 115 137

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Thm2bbiwbg,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for posting your query! 

Normally when payment has been declined, our gateway wouldn't be able to process the funds and the order will appear in the Orders > Abandoned Checkouts section of your admin. If the order can be seen in the Orders screen of your admin, this means the order has been successfully charged and so the gateway would have added this payment to your next payout. Would you be able to double-check the timeline of the order again and see if the customer processed the order at a later stage? 

I'm happy to help you here if you would like but I'd just need a screenshot or a description of the customer's payment (with sensitive info blacked out) to help you further. Our live chat, email and callback support are available here 24/7 as well if you would prefer to share that information privately. 

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can help you with, I'm happy to help!

Many thanks, 

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Thm2bbiwbg
Visitor
2 0 1
Hello Ted,
Thanks very much for your reply and it was a thorough explanation as to what goes on. I have now rectified the matter and all is well. Appreciate your response, stay safe. Kind Regards Thm2bbiwbg