Is invoicing feasible in Shopify without third-party apps?

rugsboss
Excursionist
15 0 6

Hello

I am currently in the free trial of Shopify and I must admit that invoicing might be one (missing) feature that might force me not to migrate to Shopify.

There seems to be no way for a customer to receive a proper, legally compliant vat invoice without actually requesting it to me via email, after the order is placed.  Not an ideal situation for me or the customer.

I don't need to know the customer's vat number.  I just want the customer to receive, when they place their order or whenever they need one by going into their account, a legally compliant invoice (it must include my details, full pricing info including tax paid, and our vat number).

Is this possible without paying extra for 3rd party apps?

The Order Printer app seems to be only for printing invoices and not for the invoices to be available for the customer to download when they want or to receive with their order confirmation.

This seems to be a serious omission.  Should I not waste any more time trialling and setting up Shopify?

Thanks

Replies 2 (2)

Sufio
Shopify Partner
182 2 58

Hi @rugsboss,

I understand that you don't want to pay extra for apps. However, I am happy to explain what the added value can be.

The Sufio app can automatically create proper, legally compliant VAT invoices and send them to your customers. Additionally, you will be able to capture VAT numbers and make customers VAT exempt.

It is also possible to include links to invoices in the Order Confirmation email or to add links to invoices on the Customer Account Page so the customer can download the invoice 🙂

What do you think? Would this work for you? In case you have any questions, we will be happy to help at support@sufio.com 🙂 

- Lenka from Sufio

rugsboss
Excursionist
15 0 6

Thank you Lenka but what you describe is so basic and really something that Shopify should include as a feature.  All other ecommerce providers provide this facility without even being asked, it really is staggering that Shopify does not.