Refund of monthly Sub

peter_pllrd
1 0 0

Hi,

I have just gotten a message the monthly sub went off my account, I have not been using the store for the last 20 days plus, I closed the store 10min after the payment, can you please refund the money, I was just testing the store previously. I did not know it was on a auto renew.

Thanks,

Peter

0 Likes
Ava
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
947 61 150

Hi, @peter_pllrd!

I'm sorry to hear that, I'd like to look into this further for you now. I've reached out to the email address linked to your Community Forums account here, would you be able to reply to that email? If you can, I'll be able to authenticate you as the account owner so I can look into the possibility of a refund for you. You should see my email in your inbox under ticket #20590280. If you can reply to that email, we can get started.

Speak soon!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
JasonFlower
1 0 0

Hello, 

I was just testing shopify and just wanted to learn how it worked. I was charged today(31st December) at around 8am for my $29.00 monthly subscription. I just cancelled my account at 10:20am. I had intended to do so before the 31st but it's been a very busy week with Christmas, New Years Eve and now New Years today. Will shopify, refund my monthly subscription? Help! 

0 Likes
Ava
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
947 61 150

Hey, @JasonFlower!

I'm sorry to hear that, but I'm sure I can help you out here. I've reached out to the email address linked to your Community Forums account here, would you be able to reply to that email? If you can, I'll be able to authenticate you as the account owner so I can look into a refund for you. You should see my email in your inbox under ticket #21582727. If you can reply to that email, we can get started!

Speak soon!

Ava

0 Likes
TNB1
1 0 0

Hii

I was just testing shopify and just wanted to learn how it worked. I was charged today(29th July) at around 8pm for my $29.00 monthly subscription. I just cancelled my account at 10:30pm.

Will shopify, refund my monthly subscription? Help! 

0 Likes
Ava
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
947 61 150

Hey, @TNB1!

I'm so sorry to hear you were charged for your store if you were not ready to launch yet! Once an invoice has been issued, the only way we can consider a refund is after the store in question has been fully closed. If you were to re-open again after that, you would restart the billing cycle again. 

Our Financial Services team may be able to assist you here with a refund! In order to do this for you, we’ll need to access your account. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit our Help Centre here and log in to your account to create a support request. The team you speak with there will be able to speak to Financial Services on your behalf so they can investigate if a refund is possible here. I'm sure we will have this sorted for you in no time!

Did you still want to move ahead with creating a store? Once you get this issue resolved, you can start a new store and get the full 14 days of the trial again! How were you finding the platform so far? Do let me know if you had any set-up questions, happy to chat!

Speak soon!

Ava

0 Likes