Refund of subscription

Solved
KDT
1 0 0

My account was charged $29 USD today and i have Closed the store after. But since the store was only testing and learn and i had no sales, i want a refund. I was shocked my bank account was billed of the plan that i did not want in the first place. Please if anyone can help i appreciate it i can't just lose that money that i as just a student and i really need it. Can someone guide me how?

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1113 89 282

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @KDT

This is Rae from Shopify. 

I understand your confusion with this charge, and I appreciate you reaching out for more information on this. 

We don't typically offer refunds on subscription charges, as outlined in our Terms of Service. However, since you've closed your Shopify account, I do think it's beneficial to discuss your account with our team to make sure it's been closed correctly. Our team can also help look into your bill further and confirm that you won't be charged again. 

I know this is time-sensitive, so to receive the most efficient support with this, I recommend visiting our Help Center and submitting a support request with our team directly. That way, we'll be able to access your account to look into your billing situation, and speak with you about this via live chat, email, or through a callback.

Since this is the best way to resolve your question, I've marked this reply as the solution to your thread. This will help benefit other Community members who may have a similar question, and are also looking for a solution. 

Thanks! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
taramariehart
1 0 0

Hi @Rae , 

I am hoping you can help me. I was trying to set up a non-profit last year and had to pause due to Covid. I never set up the shopify store but opened an account and i just found out I have been billed and paying for a store - which was never functioning for 5 months. I am hoping you can help me figure out a way to get a refund. I am new to shopify and was not aware that even without setting the store up there would be charges for an inactive account. 

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1113 89 282

Hi, @taramariehart

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

I'm sorry to hear that you've been charged for the past several months, and I'd really like to have our Support team look into this situation. To get in touch with our team, please visit our Help Center via this link and follow the directions I shared in my previous reply in this thread. 

Once we hear from you through our Help Center, our team can ensure your account is closed down, and also determine if we can help further in any way in regard to the past charges on your account.

We look forward to hearing from you soon! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes