Can you get a refund from Shopify after unexpected charges?

iamliam374
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi

I would like a refund please, I woke up with shopify charging me a lot of money before I could cancel my account. I'm a student and I need the money for transport and my studies.

Kind Regards

Liam Naidoo

Replies 3 (3)

Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 196 467

Hey there, @iamliam374 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

Thank you for reaching out regarding this. In order for you to request a refund, you will first need to cancel your account, you will then need to contact support directly via our Help Center. 

Steps:

To confirm that your store is closed, you can go to your store's URL and see that your store no longer appears. You need to close your store manually. Shopify Support can't close your store for you. To help you reduce the impact of recent events on your store, if you choose to reopen your store within 90 days of closing it, Shopify guarantees that all of your store's data and configuration information will be preserved.

To request a refund you will need to contact support dirctly. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

All the Best,

Bo

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

iamliam374
Visitor
2 0 0
Hello

I've successfully closed my account

Now waiting for a refund.

Kind regards,
Liam Naidoo
Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 196 467

Hey, Liam.

As mentioned in my previous comment, you will need to contact support directly to request a refund as we do not have access to your account here. 

All the Best,

Bo 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.