FROM CACHE - en_header

Refunded customer and now customer wishes to keep product - need to re-bill customer

Solved
nearfinity
2 0 0

I'm new at this and now have a problem and can't find an solution. Any help would be appreciated.

OK, mistake #1: I sent the wrong size product to a customer. They requested a refund. I gave them the refund and sent them a pre-paid shipping label to return the product. Mistake #2, I should have got the product back then refunded.

Anyway, now the customer says they wish to keep the product and asked to be invoiced so they can pay for the product I sent.

Is there a way to re-bill the customer or send an invoice with a link so they can pay me for the product?  How do I have the customer pay me for the product they received?

Thanks for your help! 🙂

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Ash
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
764 87 140

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @nearfinity!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community! 

Thank you for the thorough explanation of the situation you're trying to resolve. I have a solution in mind that should work out perfectly here! Since a refund cannot be reversed, the best bet here is to do as you thought, and send the customer an invoice for the product you sent them. To do this, you can create a draft order. When creating your draft order, you're able to select an existing product in your store, or add a custom product. You can also fill in the customer information, etc. and once you complete creating the draft order, you can send it to the customer which will turn it into a real order! They can then complete the payment on their end, and you can manually mark the order as fulfilled since the product has already been delivered. For more information on draft orders, check out this documentation in our Help Center here

I hope this helps, and feel free to reply back here if you need any further assistance rectifying this order! I'll be happy to clarify any steps you need to take, or take a closer look into the situation if anything doesn't seem right to you. 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)
Ash
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
764 87 140

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @nearfinity!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community! 

Thank you for the thorough explanation of the situation you're trying to resolve. I have a solution in mind that should work out perfectly here! Since a refund cannot be reversed, the best bet here is to do as you thought, and send the customer an invoice for the product you sent them. To do this, you can create a draft order. When creating your draft order, you're able to select an existing product in your store, or add a custom product. You can also fill in the customer information, etc. and once you complete creating the draft order, you can send it to the customer which will turn it into a real order! They can then complete the payment on their end, and you can manually mark the order as fulfilled since the product has already been delivered. For more information on draft orders, check out this documentation in our Help Center here

I hope this helps, and feel free to reply back here if you need any further assistance rectifying this order! I'll be happy to clarify any steps you need to take, or take a closer look into the situation if anything doesn't seem right to you. 

nearfinity
2 0 0

That worked perfectly!  They have already paid.  Thank you so much! 🙂

Ash
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
764 87 140

Thank you so much for keeping me in the loop, @nearfinity!

I'm glad to hear this solution worked for you, and that the customer paid for their order again without any trouble. Feel free to reach back out if you ever need any further assistance!