Refunding Subscription For Store That Was never launched

wallpopvince
Visitor
2 0 0

Good day,

(An email was sent to support but has not been answered)

On May 9th, 2021  I let a friend of mine start a trial with Shopify using one of my cards. We mainly used it as a tool to learn more about the Shopify platform itself. He told me he had canceled the subscription prior to the end of the trial period, but to my surprise, the account was left open for the past 7 months!

We've never launched the store, gone live, or even taken off the password for visitors to see it, so I have paid a total of $203 simply for the store to sit there.

Is there any way I can appeal for a refund of some kind seeing as how the store was never even made public? It would be appreciated greatly! If I can provide any additional info please let me know.

Thank you,
Best Regards

Replies 3 (3)

Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 107

Hello @wallpopvince!

Does your friend currently have access to that account? If so, it would be important to fully close the store first, as that will make you eligible for a refund. If possible, could you please follow these steps here to fully close?

Next, you will need to reach out to our support here so that our team can take a closer look here. The reason that I am redirecting you is because I am not currently able to look into account details via the Shopify Community. Once you reach out, we will be able to see how much can be refunded here and what the next steps are. 

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify
-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

wallpopvince
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi @Lana  thank you so much for getting to me. I fully closed the store before I threw up this community topic.

Unfortunately, reaching out to the support did nothing for me. I reached out and received a message from a Shopify associate asking me "how can I help you in opening your store back up?"

A red flag that they did not read my request for help at all. After asking them to reread my email I never got a reply.

Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 107

Sorry to hear that you had this experience. When it comes to getting a refund, it is necessary to reach out to our support where this can be facilitated. 

Your situation is also a bit different here since it was your friend that opened the store - did you have anything to do with that store at all, or did you have login details for this? You could mention that the charges were unknown to you if your card was used but you were not associated with the store.

Also, when you reach out again, make sure to link this thread for the advisor that you get in touch with - it will save you time getting all the context together. 

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify
-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog