How long does a Shopify refund typically take in Australia?

LetoraCandles
Visitor
1 0 0

I have processed a refund 3 days ago through Shopify & my customer is yet to receive it?

how long does this usually take? 

Reply 1 (1)

Moira
Shopify Staff
2041 223 326

Hey, @LetoraCandles!

This is Moira from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for posting, and a very warm welcome to the Community!

A refund can take up to 10 business days to be credited back to your customer as stated in our Return & Refund guide below:

In most cases, refunds will take between 2-5 business days to appear in the customer's account, although this is entirely dependant on each individual banks' processing time. That said, if the order was cancelled within up to 10 days of purchase, it's also not uncommon for the charge to be reversed, in which case your customer will not see the amount credited, but instead they'll see the original authorized charge removed altogether.

Just to be sure that we're on track for either of those expected behaviors, I'd love to confirm a couple of details in your order Timeline if you don't mind! You'll find this towards the bottom of your admin's order page.

• Does your timeline state that those funds were refunded back to the original method of payment?
  • Click on that note in your timeline. What payment provider is listed under Gateway? (e.g. Shopify Payments, PayPal, etc.)

In the meantime, I would suggest waiting up to 10 business days and then reaching out to our support team directly if the customer is still yet to receive the funds. I would also recommend clarifying this timeline to your customer so that there is no confusion on their end. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Judging from your username, am I correct in saying you run a store selling candles? If so, here is a fantastic blog post you should check out. It goes over everything you need to do in order to grow a successful candle business, from writing a business plan to implementing marketing strategies with examples from top-selling candles brands.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Cheers!

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog