Regional Support: Shipping (Nordics)

Victor
Shopify Staff
2422 225 517

Learn more about handling shipping and fulfillment while running your Shopify store in the Nordics.

This thread is part of the Regional Support threads offered for merchants in Scandinavia and the Nordic countries. To see which other topics are available, you can visit the Nordics hub here.

Shipping zones

The Nordic region is split into a number of individual shipping areas, including the following:

• Åland Islands
  • Bouvet Island
  • Denmark
  • Faroe Islands
  • Finland
  • Greenland
  • Iceland
  • Norway
  • Svalbard & Jan Mayen
  • Sweden

Merchants can choose to enable any or all of the regions listed above, and can choose to include them in one zone or split them into different shipping zones. This means, for example, rates could be set for Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden in one zone, with other rates set for Greenland, Iceland, and the Faroe Islands in another.

Shipping rates and labels

Once you have set up your shipping zones, it’s time to set up your shipping rates. You can enable flat rates at checkout, based on either the price or weight of the products in the customer’s cart, as well as live calculated rates.

Merchants in the Nordic region are able to activate the carrier-calculated shipping feature and display live rates from shipping providers, such as FedEx and UPS, at checkout. If you have enabled this feature, you can also use a variety of third-party shipping apps, such as Bring Shipping. This app allows merchants in Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden to offer live rates to their customers at checkout via Bring’s MyBring service.

You can also use the Bring Shipping app to purchase shipping labels directly through the Shopify admin. The CSL Nordic Shipping Options app will allow you to set up parcelshops and pickup points for your customers to choose from at checkout, and also allows you to buy shipping labels through the app. They support a number of different shipping carriers including GLS, Bring, DAO, and PostNord.

While these two apps are specifically aimed at merchants in the Nordic region, there are a wide variety of shipping apps that may be useful for your store. You can view them on the Shopify App Store.

If you have a question or comment to make about managing shipping and delivery on Shopify in the Nordics, please post it below.

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Replies 2 (2)

aukeco
Visitor
1 0 0

Any idea why shipping regions are duplicated? 

aukeco_0-1638447194763.png

Victor
Shopify Staff
2422 225 517

Hi @aukeco,

Thank you for getting in touch and for sharing your screenshot here. Was this screenshot taken via mobile or desktop? Can you tell me which device and browser was being used when it was taken?

Moreover, would you also be able to tell me more about what shipping rates you have enabled and which countries and regions you have enabled?

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog