Remove autocapture from alternative payment provider

chrisss06
Excursionist
15 0 4

Hello,

We are currently using Quickpay as an alternative credit card provider on our website www.mein-escooter.de and it's working fine.

However, the payment provider is now asking us to remove "auto-capture" because we are not selling digital goods, and the regulation needs us to capture the payment at the time the product is fulfilled.

Problem is: it can only be done on Shopify and not directly by the provider.

I have read the instructions of removing autocapture on Shopify but it seems to only concern Shopify Payments, which we are not using.

How could we proceed when we use an alternative payment provider?

Thanks for your help!

Reply 1 (1)

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 323

Hey, @chrisss06!

Great to see you've attempted to troubleshoot this issue yourself.

I have done some digging and found relevant documentation relating to the removal of auto-capture on third party gateways, specifically QuickPay:

Auto-capture is controlled per transaction when the payment window is called (see “code snippet” below). The value needs to be either 0 (auto-capture will NOT be performed) or 1 (auto-capture is performed).

<input type="hidden" name="autocapture"value="1">

This is a value that needs to be integrated into your theme, there is often a checkbox for this setting but as you mentioned it only applies to Shopify Payments. If using a form for opening the payment window, the code snippet is to be included in your form. Auto-capture cannot be activated in the QuickPay Manager.

I highly suggested consulting with a technical expert to ensure the code is embedded in the correct part of your theme. Shopify has paid experts who will complete custom coding and in-depth customizations for your store for an agreed fee between you both, they are fantastic at helping you achieve what you're after:

TIP: Don't forget that you can eliminate your transaction fees with us by adding Shopify Payments as a gateway (if supported in your country) option for your customers as well.

If you have any questions please feel free to thread those below.

Cheers!

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog