Replace bank account - Routing number is not supported

Melongeek
Visitor
1 0 2

Hello, I'm updating (replacing) my old bank account. This is within the same Bank (COMMUNITY FEDERAL SAVINGS BANK - Transferwise) so the the routing number parameter stays the same and only the account number should change. Having said that, i attach an image of the error mentioned. If someone knows what's going on here please help.

Regards.

Untitled.png

Replies 11 (11)

Ted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1255 115 137

Hi @Melongeek,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us!

Have you submitted documents such as your ID for review with Shopify Payments as of yet? Normally when this error appears, it means that your account hasn't been fully approved to use the gateway yet and some changes are limited until the account has been reviewed. When you log into your Shopify admin, can you see a red banner appear in the admins home screen asking for you to submit those documents? Once submitted, our Shopify Payments team will review them in full and get back to you with an update within 1-5 business days.

Please let me know how this goes!

For anyone else reading this, please contact our support here (Support > Contact Support in the main menu) for further assistance. Our Twitter and Facebook support advisors are also available 24/7 and can look into any query with you. 

Many Thanks,

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

TealTrading
Tourist
3 0 2

I am having the same issue. I have been receiving payouts for a number of weeks now but need to change my bank account. Has this issue been resolved? Or can someone tell me what to do?

Thanks,

Ben

alyc831
Tourist
5 0 1

I do not have any banners asking me for further verification in any of my Shopify admin pages. I’m having the exact same issue^

alyc831
Tourist
5 0 1

I am in the exact same position. There seems to be no way of contacting Shopify support and have not found anyone else in this issue until now. Have you got it resolved? I too have the same routing number because it’s the same bank but but a different account. I’ve also been receiving payments for a few months to my old routing number. 

alyc831
Tourist
5 0 1

Melongeek did you ever get it taken care of?

GUYS I GOT IT RESOLVED! I started a live chat with Shopify support and got it taken care of with the help of Nabeel (a Shopify support live chat member). Nabeel contacted their internal payment/accounts department and they were looking into it then told me to try changing the bank account now, I did and it finally worked. The whole process took maybe just over 10 min. Hope this helps

kmie0020
4 0 0

I’m having the exact same issue but Shopify is not helpful

simond-20
Visitor
2 0 0

Same issue trying to switch bank accounts. Support said it was something to do with Wells Fargo?  @alyc831  what did tech support do to make any changes?  I have spoken with 3-4 tech support people and they all said they would escalate this to an internal team but it's been almost a week and no response, no answers.  You would think a major bank like Wells Fargo would be easy to add as a new bank.

Asa_J
Visitor
1 0 0

Did you ever got the issue resolved 

Cornelis72
Visitor
3 0 0

Is used this routing number and now it's fixed/ https://wise.com/us/routing-number/transferwise

jdunaiski
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, If you change the routing number to the one on this link and use the new account number. Can we be guaranteed that we will receive the payment in the new account?

Cornelis72
Visitor
3 0 0

I will receive a payment in the next few days so then i will now if it works.

I will keep you updated (if i don't forget).

In my wise account it says that it's connected with shopify plaid so i think its working.