Restrict shipping to single city (Lima, Peru)

Pablo7
2 0 0

Our operation only ships within one city. We are using custom order fulfilment (fulfillment is done manually).

Is it possible to hard code the city input in the ship to form? Is there any alternative solution?

Replies 4 (4)
Jami
Shopify Staff
207 1 26

Hi Pablo, 

Jamie here from Shopify. At this time we do not offer the ability to restrict shipping down to a single city, though this can be accomplished a few different ways. The most straight forward would be to include documentation that explicity outlines your shipping regions. This can be accomplished via a Shipping Information page, in your product descriptions, or when naming your shipping rates (Ie. Free Shipping within Lima ONLY). Keep in mind that this rate will be available to everyone in Peru, but you can then choose to refund/cancel orders from out of your region. 

You can also look to apps like Better Shipping or Post Code Shipping extension to take greater control over your shipping rates:

Cheers!

Jamie

Jami | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Pablo7
2 0 0

Hi Jaime,

Thanks for the reply. I had made a note in the "city" field in the ship-to address field saying "We only ship to Lima". 

This is more of a usability issue for us, if an input field has only one possible value, it shouldn't be a input field at all.

Hope this changes in the near future.

Juan_Carlos_De_
Excursionist
31 0 5

Pablo, if your product is bought outside Lima from other customers, why you don´t offer and take advantage of the Shopify platform for that? e-commerce is to make a global business and you are able to offer a product in all Peru and why not worldwide.

Best!

amosmos
Shopify Expert
75 1 30

It's an old post but if you or someone else needs this ability you can use this app which does exactly that: https://apps.shopify.com/shipping-by-map