Solved

Romania dropshipping - Shipping

Tavi
Tourist
6 0 2

Hello,

I am from Romania and I want to sell products in the same country, but also in countries from Europe. The question is, if i am getting products from Cjdropshipping and Sourcinbox, do i have to close a contract with romanian shipping companies like FanCourier, Cargus, etc. or are the chinese couriers ship the product directly to the client? If i need to sign a contract with a shipping company in my country, how will they take the product from the chinese courier? 

Accepted Solutions (2)

Rick
Shopify Staff
946 88 146

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @Tavi 

I understand you want to use a couple of dropshipping apps on your store, and are wondering if the products get shipped directly to your customers, or if you need a contract with a shipping company in Romania.

Generally how dropshipping works is that the products would get shipped directly from the supplier to the customer, and you wouldn't have to handle the products yourself. This reduces the need to keep any inventory, which keeps costs down and means you don't have to have any courier accounts etc. There are some merchants who have the goods delivered to them first, and then forward this to their customers but this isn't a requirement. 

Have you thought about what products you are going to sell on your store? We actually have a great blog post about the top selling products in 2021 and clever ways to market, check it out here. If you need more help honing your product selection, we also have a blog post from the Oberlo app about finding the best dropshipping products here (The same basic principles will apply to most dropshipping apps).

If you fancy learning more about dropshipping in general and have some spare time, I would highly recommend these articles:

Rick | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Rick
Shopify Staff
946 88 146

Hi @Tavi 

Ah OK I understand what you mean - so when customers place an order on your store, they have to pick a shipping company/shipping method right?

You would actually define the name and price of the shipping rates on your Shopify store. So for example, you could simply have 1-2 rates and call them 'Standard Shipping' and 'Priority Shipping' or something along those lines. You don't necessarily need to define the exact shipping company, because you will be placing the order on behalf of the customer via your dropshipping app.

I realise you are not using Oberlo, however there's a great article here on setting up shipping settings when dropshipping that I would recommend checking out. It would most likely apply to other dropshipping apps also, and it explains the various considerations to take regarding shipping.

You also mentioned cash on demand - do you mean the cash would be collected from the customer upon delivery? This might be trickier to set up, as it depends on if the dropshipping suppliers provide this type of payment option. For that sort of setup, I would recommend reaching out to the third party dropshipping service support directly, as they should be able to provide more context on that.

Rick | Shopify 

View solution in original post

Replies 7 (7)

Rick
Shopify Staff
946 88 146

Hey @Tavi 

I understand you want to use a couple of dropshipping apps on your store, and are wondering if the products get shipped directly to your customers, or if you need a contract with a shipping company in Romania.

Generally how dropshipping works is that the products would get shipped directly from the supplier to the customer, and you wouldn't have to handle the products yourself. This reduces the need to keep any inventory, which keeps costs down and means you don't have to have any courier accounts etc. There are some merchants who have the goods delivered to them first, and then forward this to their customers but this isn't a requirement. 

Have you thought about what products you are going to sell on your store? We actually have a great blog post about the top selling products in 2021 and clever ways to market, check it out here. If you need more help honing your product selection, we also have a blog post from the Oberlo app about finding the best dropshipping products here (The same basic principles will apply to most dropshipping apps).

If you fancy learning more about dropshipping in general and have some spare time, I would highly recommend these articles:

Rick | Shopify 

Tavi
Tourist
6 0 2

Understood, thanks for the reply!

Tavi
Tourist
6 0 2

The problem is that when someone tries to buy a product, they need to select a shipping company, and I don't know how to put the shipping company from the supplier

Rick
Shopify Staff
946 88 146

Hi @Tavi 

Ah OK I understand what you mean - so when customers place an order on your store, they have to pick a shipping company/shipping method right?

You would actually define the name and price of the shipping rates on your Shopify store. So for example, you could simply have 1-2 rates and call them 'Standard Shipping' and 'Priority Shipping' or something along those lines. You don't necessarily need to define the exact shipping company, because you will be placing the order on behalf of the customer via your dropshipping app.

I realise you are not using Oberlo, however there's a great article here on setting up shipping settings when dropshipping that I would recommend checking out. It would most likely apply to other dropshipping apps also, and it explains the various considerations to take regarding shipping.

You also mentioned cash on demand - do you mean the cash would be collected from the customer upon delivery? This might be trickier to set up, as it depends on if the dropshipping suppliers provide this type of payment option. For that sort of setup, I would recommend reaching out to the third party dropshipping service support directly, as they should be able to provide more context on that.

Rick | Shopify 

Tavi
Tourist
6 0 2

Hello @Rick ,

Thanks for the fast reply and for the help!

Tavi
Tourist
6 0 2

Also, i forgot, if i want clients to pay cash on demand, I have to sign with a shipping company from my country, right? 

Cargo
12 0 0

We have a professional process that can directly deliver the goods to customers. If you have any needs, please contact my mailbox

banned