Selling and shipping from Southeast Asia to other regions

sherwin_ss
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi everyone, I'm quite new to shopify but have some experience in e-commerce in Indonesia. Would love to get some knowledge from anyone who has tried to sell from Southeast Asia like Indonesia to other regions.

The part I'm trying to figure out is how the shipping works: what logistics service provider do I use, how do I know the shipping costs, what the packaging should be (if I sell t-shirts for example).

If there are any knowledge on other topics e.g setting up store, challenges, etc, I would love to hear it as well. Thank you!

Replies 4 (4)

Mirdas
Shopify Partner
472 49 78

Hello @sherwin_ss ,

In my opinion, the best place to start is by contacting the shipping carriers available in your location. You may speak to top carriers like FedEx, UPS, DHL, or any other options available around you.

They will help answer most of your queries related to shipping costs, serviceable/coverage areas, and optimal packaging for your business.

Co-Founder / CEO @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
sherwin_ss
Visitor
3 0 0
Thanks for the answer! I've tried contacting DHL but it seems their
delivery is expensive. For example, I try to deliver from Jakarta to
Melbourne, and it costs $188 AUD. I feel like as a newbie, I'm missing
something here

[image: image.png]
Mirdas
Shopify Partner
472 49 78

Hello @sherwin_ss ,

Based on the volume, carriers offer discounts of up to 80%. If your volume is lower, you may want to check for DHL postage resellers in Indonesia.

Co-Founder / CEO @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
sherwin_ss
Visitor
3 0 0
Ah ok! Any chance you know how to find these resellers?