Separate checkout option for a customer group

Ellen11
Visitor
2 0 0

We are creating a Wholesale B2B on our existing B2C website via a log in The issue we are facing is at point of checkout we don’t want to offer PayPal/ clear pay etc functions for the B2B customer - ideally we would also like funds to go to a different bank account. Is it possible to set up different payment options for different customer groups via tags? 

Replies 3 (3)

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hi @Ellen11,

Really great questions! While it's only possible to have one bank account assigned per store as well as one payment gateway (but you can have another third party gateway like PayPal). In saying all that though, I wonder if setting up a different section in your store for your wholesale B2B customers could be a way to workaround this? There are some great apps in the Shopify App store which I like for it, let me link them below:

These are the two I like the most, but you can see some others here

Do you think these could work with the payment limitation in mind?

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

BSSCommerce2
Shopify Partner
16 0 0

This is not a solution for the thread maker. 

He wants to have a separated checkout aka different payment method per different customers

This is a shortage from Shopify, seem like no solution for this

In case you just need to separate B2B and B2C portals, check our app B2B Login/Lock (top 1 B2B keyword on app listing) in the signature section

A full-service agency that companions with B2B and B2C ecommerce brands to accelerate their growth. With experience and expertise in multiple platforms

Check our B2B Apps on Shopify

ArrayArtisan
10 0 2

To set up different payment options for different customer groups, such as excluding PayPal/Clearpay for B2B customers, you can use the KlinKode PayRules app. This app enables you to customize payment method availability based on customer tags, allowing you to offer distinct payment experiences for your B2C and B2B customers.

Here's the link to the app for more details: https://apps.shopify.com/klinkode-payrules

- Control payment methods visibility at checkout by KlinKode PayRules app.
- You can join in our Facebook group for Shopify help.