Setting up Shopify Payments for USD as a UK Resident without SSN

ecolivingco
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello,

I'm a UK resident with an LLC, and I would like to set up Shopify Payments to receive payments in USD. However, I'm facing a challenge as the Shopify Payments setup process is asking for an SSN, which I am unable to provide as a non-US resident.

I have a UK Wise bank account that includes a US currency account, which I believe could be a potential solution. Has anyone successfully set up Shopify Payments in the US as a UK resident without an SSN? If so, could you please share your experience and any alternative solutions or workarounds that you found effective?

I'm open to exploring third-party payment gateways, partnering with US-based individuals or entities, or any other suggestions you may have.

Your insights and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Reply 1 (1)

PMike
Shopify Partner
134 12 20

Hello,

Setting up Shopify Payments as a non-US resident without an SSN can indeed be challenging. However, there are alternative solutions you can explore to receive payments in USD. Here are a few options:

1. Third-Party Payment Gateways: Consider using third-party payment gateways that support international transactions and accept payments in USD. Some popular options include PayPal, Stripe, 2Checkout, and Braintree. You can integrate these payment gateways with your Shopify store to process payments from customers.

2. Partnering with US-based Individuals or Entities: You can explore partnerships with US-based individuals or companies that have access to Shopify Payments. This can be done through joint ventures or agreements where they handle the payment processing on your behalf. It's essential to establish a legal agreement and ensure trust and transparency in such partnerships.

3. High-Risk Merchant Accounts: Another option is to explore high-risk merchant account providers. These providers specialize in supporting businesses with higher risk factors, such as international transactions or industries that typically face more scrutiny. Keep in mind that high-risk merchant accounts may come with additional fees or stricter requirements.

4. Shopify Experts and Consultants: Reach out to Shopify Experts or consultants who have experience in helping non-US residents set up payment solutions. They can provide tailored advice and guidance based on your specific situation and requirements.

Before proceeding with any alternative payment solutions, it's essential to thoroughly research and understand their terms, fees, and integration process. Additionally, consult with legal and financial professionals to ensure compliance with relevant regulations.

While I don't have specific examples of UK residents setting up Shopify Payments in the US without an SSN, the options mentioned above have been used by non-US residents to overcome similar challenges.

I hope these suggestions provide you with some alternative paths to explore. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask!

Fordeer Invoice Order Printer - The great tool for the best business!
https://link.fordeer.io/YZL4Ge