Setting website currency to USD

Bigcalm
Visitor
1 0 0

My website shows NZD as I am based in New Zealand, but when I go to check out it changes to USD. How do I set website to USD as well as check out? 

Replies 2 (2)

AvadaCommerce
Shopify Partner
3879 839 955

Hi @Bigcalm 

It seems like you're using a currency conversion app. This app could be the reason causing prices to be displayed differently in the online store and at checkout.

You might want to check the app setting to see if you've put the store currency to be USD.

Hope this helps.

banned

Don
Shopify Staff
2765 199 388

Hi there @Bigcalm!

I'd like to check a few things out with regard to your website, so we can ensure we understand the situation in order to help you out with this.

As @AvadaCommerce mentioned, this may be related to the use of a currency switcher app in your store, could you confirm whether or not you're using an app like this?

If you can also confirm the payment gateway you're using for your store, we can use that to check for info on currencies they'd be able to support for your checkout.

For users of Shopify Payments, for example, it is possible to sell and get paid in different currencies.

So for merchants in New Zealand, it would only be possible to be paid out in your local currency, but you could sell in any currency available as an option to you in the settings > payments menu.

If you're happy to share a link to your store along with any info on how your currency is currently handled and your payment gateway provider, we can check this out with you in more depth!

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog