How do I set up weight-based shipping in the UK using KG?

PetalsCrafts
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi 

I am trying to set up my shipping by weight 

I am in the UK and I need to use KG 

I have changed the Standards & Formats section in General so that it shows KG and Metric measurements 

I have saved that 

BUT when i then go to set up a shipping profile to add the various weight categories, it still shows Imperial measurements and pounds 

However my product list for my shop allows me to enter the weights in KG 

I have logged out and logged back in, refreshed, jumped up and down on the spot , shouted at it ... but I have run out of ideas 

Can somebody please help me so that i can get my shop up and running 

Many thanks 

Ruth 

Replies 5 (5)

Oliver
Shopify Staff (Retired)
429 48 106

Hi, @PetalsCrafts !

Thank you for reaching out. If you've confirmed that the metric system has indeed been changed then I'd recommend deleting the rates and recreating them. Take a screenshot or jot down what the rates were before you do this so that you still have a reference point and don't lose what you already have set up. If that doesn't do the trick, please try clearing the cache on your browser and trying once more.

If all options have been exhausted, definitely get in touch with our support team directly so we can take a closer look into that with you! 

Warm regards!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

PetalsCrafts
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello and thankyou for your reply 

COuld you just clarify what you mean by " deleting the rates and recreating them". I had not set up any shipping profiles because I couldnt get the measure to change from imperial to metric. So the only weights I have added are on my products .  Are you suggesting i need to delete all of those ( there over 120! ) 

Thanks 

Rgds

RUth 

Oliver
Shopify Staff (Retired)
429 48 106

Hi, @PetalsCrafts !

No, I was specifically referring to any weight based shipping rates you may have had set up. No need to delete product weights. If there aren't any shipping rates setup and the only option you're given is weight based rates in pounds, please get in touch with our support team directly so we can troubleshoot this further with you.

Warm regards!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

PetalsCrafts
Visitor
3 0 0
Hi

Thanks for your email

I did get in touch with support

The fix made no logical sense and would not have been one you could work out yourself but the main thing is, its sorted and I am up and running

Rgds

Ruth
Calculus88
Visitor
1 0 0

Would love to know the solution. 

4 days later with the same problem and still not sorted via support.

Cannot launch store yet paying for the account....