Solved

Shell and Turtle not fulfilling order

vib
Visitor
2 0 0

I placed a order with one of your companies Shell and Turtle Oct 16 2021 and have not heard from them other than for them to process payment of the order. Is there a way for me to get a refund from the company as they are not responding to my request. 

Accepted Solution (1)

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @vib 

Sorry to hear you've had a negative experience with a store you believe is using Shopify. To explain a little, Shopify is a software company with tools that enable stores to build their websites and sell their products online. We don't sell any of the products ourselves, fulfill/ship out any orders, or handle refunds for stores that use our platform. That being said, I'd be happy to let you know your next best steps: 

Since it's been 30 days since placing the order, you can fill out our Buyer Complaint form. When you follow the link, you'll need to click "Get support as a customer of a Shopify store". This will be forwarded to the online store directly. 

25-36-33137-54718

If you still do not hear from the store, the next step is to contact the payment provider that you paid for the order with. For example, your credit card company (via your bank) or PayPal. They will provide the next options for you regarding your payment. Contacting your bank will trigger a notification in our systems internally, leading us to investigate further. While we can't share the outcomes of this for privacy reasons, we will take action on any stores that are violating our policies as needed. We take these matters seriously. 

There is more information about this in our Online Order FAQ post linked here. As well, in that post, there is more information about reporting stores that you believe may be violating our Acceptable Use Policy

Thanks for reaching out, let us know if you have any further questions! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @vib 

Sorry to hear you've had a negative experience with a store you believe is using Shopify. To explain a little, Shopify is a software company with tools that enable stores to build their websites and sell their products online. We don't sell any of the products ourselves, fulfill/ship out any orders, or handle refunds for stores that use our platform. That being said, I'd be happy to let you know your next best steps: 

Since it's been 30 days since placing the order, you can fill out our Buyer Complaint form. When you follow the link, you'll need to click "Get support as a customer of a Shopify store". This will be forwarded to the online store directly. 

25-36-33137-54718

If you still do not hear from the store, the next step is to contact the payment provider that you paid for the order with. For example, your credit card company (via your bank) or PayPal. They will provide the next options for you regarding your payment. Contacting your bank will trigger a notification in our systems internally, leading us to investigate further. While we can't share the outcomes of this for privacy reasons, we will take action on any stores that are violating our policies as needed. We take these matters seriously. 

There is more information about this in our Online Order FAQ post linked here. As well, in that post, there is more information about reporting stores that you believe may be violating our Acceptable Use Policy

Thanks for reaching out, let us know if you have any further questions! 

vib
Visitor
2 0 0

Your help was great in guiding me in right direction for dealing with the company SHELL & TURTLE not delivering merchandise.  I will be taking next step.  

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

Happy to help, thank you for the reply. I've updated this topic as solved for the benefit of others who may be looking for guidance as well. 

All the best.