Shipping address not recognized by "USPS" whilst trying to ship via "UPS". Address valid.

Tenderthorn
Visitor
2 0 0

Hey team...

Getting the good old "Shipping address not recognized by USPS. Edit shipping address and try again." error, although I'm trying to ship via UPS. Address is confirmed via the Google auto field selection. I've also tried to overwrite it just incase, but to no avail. Updated home address (which had the listed problems above) to verified work address and still same issue. Work address listed in attach image.

I also tried creating a manual $0 order, to try and test shipping incase it was just a little glitch - but no luck with that either.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Screen-Shot-2021-07-02-at-7.58.43-am.jpg

Reply 1 (1)

Tenderthorn
Visitor
2 0 0

Hey team...

Actually figured it out - incase anyone else out there has the same problem (I have seen this issue pop up in a few search results but with no response).

Even though the Google auto fields choose the address and fill out the form, I had to overwrite the City field. I changed "Los Angeles" to "Studio City" and it worked.

Shopify support even verified the prior address with LA in the city field through their USPS & UPS address verification tools, but a simple overwrite was all that's needed. 

Cheers