Accepting credit cards, warehouses, and shipping and fulfilling orders
In the Order section. A client wants to update their shipping address, but marked their billing address as "Same" which blocks me from keeping the billing address as the original one. Is there a way to update both? It seems if I update the Shipping Address it will automatically change the Billing Address.
Elias here with Shopify Support. That's a great question!
I understand that one of your clients would like to change their shipping address after marking their billing address as the same as shipping. Though you aren't able to change the shipping address on the order, as they've marked it the same as their billing address, there are a few alternatives that you can consider.
1. If you're using Shopify Shipping for fulfillments, you can change the shipping address when you purchase the shipping labels.
2. You can create a draft order with the same items and discount the order by 100%. This way, you can include both of your client's addresses. By applying the 100% discount, you wouldn't need to collect the payment again. However, you may need to adjust your inventories and reports to reflect this.
Alternatively, if you don't want to adjust the inventories or reports, you can also refund the original order and have your client place their order again.
3. There are a few third-party apps that can edit the billing and shipping addresses, such as Edit Order by Cleverific and Orderify. Edit Order by Cleverific will also cancel the original order and create a new order, this way it ensures a clear papertrail of the order. Orderify allows your customers to edit the order on the Order status page by themselves. If you need any assistance with these apps, you can always reach out directly to the developers through the contact information found in the Support Section of their app's page.
I hope this provides a couple of solutions for you. If you have any other questions on this topic, don't hesitate to let me know!
Elias | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog
Thanks to all who participated in our AMA with 2H Media on planning your 2023 marketing bu...By Jacqui Mar 30, 2023
Thanks to all Community members that participated in our inaugural 2 week AMA on the new E...By Jacqui Mar 10, 2023
Upskill and stand out with the new Shopify Foundations Certification programBy SarahF_Shopify Mar 6, 2023