How can I limit payment methods based on shipping selection?

blushme
7 0 0

Hi, 

I have three shipping methods and three payment methods listed in my store, both shipping and payment methods are named similarly as Cash On Delivery, Bank Transfer and card payment. On Cash On Delivery, our courier doesn't collect more than LKR 10,000 so we want to limit cash on delivery sale to LKR 10,000. 

I can set up a limit for the shipping method at 10,000. As in, when a customer adds an order above LKR 10,000 shipping method of cash on delivery doesn't appear. But the real issue is, under payment method, all three payment methods appear at all times, and customers are able to complete the order even above LKR10k. 

Is there a way to set up the payment method as, when a customer selects a specific shipping method, only the relevant payment method showsup as a payment method : For example If a customer selects cash on delivery as the shipping method, the customer should be able to use only the cash on the delivery payment method at checkout? 

Replies 3 (3)

MarcoReleasit
Shopify Partner
314 24 61

Hi Blushme

Unfortunately it's not possibile. Shopify payment methods are global and currently it's not possible to hide a payment method based on some condition unless you are on the Shopify Plus plan that gives you access to the checkout.liquid template.

The only option I can suggest you is to add a notice to your Cash On Delivery payment method so that when your customers select Cash On Delivery at checkout they know that they can only use it for orders under LKR 10,000

To do this open your Payment Settings by going into Settings -> Payments and click on the 'Edit' button on the right of your Cash on Delivery payment method

MarcoBobkzy_0-1625668051503.png

Then on the popup that appears you can add instructions like these ones on the 'Additional details' field:

MarcoBobkzy_1-1625668202671.png

These 'Additional details' will appear when a customer selects Cash on Delivery at checkout and your customer will read them before completing the order.

I know this is not a perfect solution but unfortunately it's the only way to achieve this right now.

Let me know if this solves your issue or if I can further help you!

Install Releasit Cash On Delivery for free here: https://apps.shopify.com/cash-on-delivery-fee
Add a fee to Cash on Delivery and limit COD based on any condition (order total, location, products, collections, etc.)

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2217 247 506

Hey, @blushme 

At this time, it's not possible to set or restrict payment methods for your customers based on order details. Payment methods are a store-wide feature that cannot be segmented out based on conditions. With that said, I'd be happy to pass this along as feedback to our developers for potential future implementation. 

As a workaround, I would add a note to the COD payment method that visibly states "Only for orders under 10K LKR" for your customers to see at checkout.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

CodeComedian
Tourist
40 0 1

To address your need to limit the Cash on Delivery payment method to orders under LKR 10,000 and ensure it aligns with your shipping method, you could use the KlinKode PayRules app. This app allows you to set rules that determine when specific payment methods are available based on various conditions, including the total cart value and the selected shipping method.

Here's where you can find more information and get the app: https://apps.shopify.com/klinkode-payrules

Additionally, there’s a tutorial that might help you set up the specific conditions you’re looking for:

While Shopify's default settings might not allow for direct linking of payment methods to shipping methods, PayRules can offer a workaround by enabling or disabling payment options based on the cart's total value, which can indirectly achieve what you're looking for.

- Control payment methods visibility at checkout by KlinKode PayRules app.
- You can join in our Facebook group for Shopify help.