Shipping Calculator EU

ialigizakis
1 0 0

Hi everyone, I am new here, and I want to set up a store for selling physical goods from Greece within Europe, targetting primarily for the beginning of Germany. I have read most of the documentation regarding shipping, and I am still confused about the following:

1. Is shipping from Greece to the EU supported natively from Shopify?
  2. If yes, with which providers? 
  3. How can I see calculated prices for shipping costs from Greece to Germany, for example, based on the Shopify plan that I will have? The current calculator always supposes that the origin is the US. 
  4. If I have standard custom rates if shipping is not supported natively, do I need to enable calculated carrier shipping or this is only for integrating carrier personal accounts with Shopify?

Reply 1 (1)
saivismitha
Shopify Partner
138 7 31

Hello,
1. You won’t be able to use Shopify discounted shipping from Greece. It is only available in the US, Canada, and Australia. But, if you enable the carrier-calculated shipping in your store, you will be able to add your own carrier account with Shopify.

2. You can check out this under Shipping & Delivery -> Carrier accounts -> Connect Carrier account (I hope you will be able to add FedEx, and UPS)

3. You can enable carrier-calculated shipping, add the required carrier, and try placing a test order to find the rates provided by the carrier. By default, the Shopify rates calculator shows rates from the US.

4. In order to add your own carrier account with Shopify, you need to enable carrier calculated shipping. Please check the carriers that you can add as mentioned above. If you are unable to find the carrier, you will have to use an app like our Multi-Carrier Shipping Label app that helps you add accounts with all top carriers like UPS, DHL, FedEx, TNT, Parcelforce, and many others. 

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you require help with anything else.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping