shipping cost report

natureniche
2 0 14

Is there a way to export, or even an app that can export your shipping data? I'd like to export the size of box I used, the actual weight, and the price I actually paid. 

Replies 30 (30)
Craig917
Tourist
3 0 4

UPDATE

I just spoke with Shopify support, and they figured out a way to get the info:

1. go to Settings > Billing

2. Choose the bill you need

3. Click Shipping - It should show a number of "items", which are the shipping charges.

4. You can export each month as a CSV.

Not as neat and tidy as a single report, but not crazy either.

Hope that helps.

alexstonehouse1
Excursionist
15 0 35
Hi Craig917 - that solves the problem of an average cost per package - I
also do this bill by bill (not a big deal this time of year when I have 4-6
bills per week, but during the holidays I have close to 20 bills per week,
which is an insane amount of extra work during such a busy time).

It does not, however, provide a report or any numbers related to additional
fees UPS may have charged (weight/dimension adjustments, address changes,
return charges, etc). So still no way to see that or have any transparency
around our true/final shipping costs.
Bradley_Harris
Tourist
4 0 4

I love this workaround.

Are there any other dropshippers out there using their supplier's carrier accounts like us?

In this case, our supplier emails us with an invoice for each order with total charged including the shipping price charged.  In this case, what we are actually looking for is a way to tracking shipping charges per order. Our current process includes adding a comment on the order of the shipping price charged for our monthly P&L, but this is becoming more of an accounting burden and not scalable as we grow to a few hundred orders per month.

If I am alone in this fulfillment challenge that I will accept my fate and look for custom solutions, but hoping that is not the case!

Thanks, stay safe everyone.
Brad

Craig917
Tourist
3 0 4

I'm right there with you @alexstonehouse1. It's a workaround for something that I thought would be a standard part of the reports Shopify creates. But it's definitely not scaleable. And don't even get me started on the adjusted shipping charges. I'm sure there's a way to report it all simply and accurately. I'll post an update here if I find it. Best of luck to you.

Bradley_Harris
Tourist
4 0 4
Agreed, this should definitely be built into Shopify's reporting
functionality.

Although our company is moving to manufacturing our products, currently we
dropship with multiple suppliers, using all of their own carrier accounts,
so an ideal solution would be to add a shipping charge when fulfilling the
order.

Any other dropshippers out there having a similar issue with other
workarounds?
MIYOly
1 0 1

Seems that the shipping and payout are in the order information, why don't they appear in the export of the orders.  I do fulfillment for myself and others and need costs allocated by order.  This in addition to obvious need for allocating fees and shipping for tax accounting purposes.   This seems worse than paypal, I thought that was impossible. 

Nathan_Kanemoto
1 0 0

this report doesn't show the order number so you can't even do a vlookup to update your shipping costs per order.

BeProfit_App
Shopify Partner
72 1 4

Hi @ThankedRapier4 (and everybody else who has taken part in this thread!),

The BeProfit - Profit Tracker app could be exactly what you're looking for.

You'll get a dashboard that lets you track and analyze your profits and expenses including shipping costs, marketing, production, and more (you can manually enter expenses as well).

The app automatically pulls Shopify shipping profiles and even lets you create new shipping profiles and shipping zones for full customizability. You'll also get a full breakdown of how much you paid for shipping and how much the customer paid for shipping for every order. You can watch a short explainer video of how BeProfit tracks shipping costs, here.

While it's extremely useful for tracking shipping costs, BeProfit offers many more advanced features to help make sense of all your shop's data to accurately calculate your bottom line.

You can use BeProfit to:

• Track your profit history over time
  • Get intuitive visuals and graphs
  • Understand complex business metrics
  • Connect metrics once with smart integrations
  • Spot what factors need improvement to increase profits
  • Make data-driven decisions to optimize your store

Try BeProfit and let us know if you find it helpful. Plus, if you have any suggestions on how we can improve the app, we're always happy to get feedback!

jdesane
2 0 1

How is this not a report included with Shopify. @Shopify, please step your game up to allow us to run our business like a business without having to give data to 3rd parties. 

Hgutierr
Tourist
4 0 2

@Shopify This is a basic report needed by all. please provide a response as to when you will include this... is it part of shopify 2.0?